Neat lil tip...

Tripper

best tip i ever learned... mix in mono.

More specificlly, i try to get the overall balance of the instruments about right in mono, nothing overpowering anything else.. this also ensures a good mono-compatible mix..(does anyone worry about that anymore?
icon_eek.gif
)

only then do i try to space the diffrent elements out in streo. its worked for me.
icon_smile.gif

Well, i think you should get a good overall balance be it mono or stereo or combination anyway. It´s all in the ears, so it ain´t necessary to double step the process by stereo>mono>stereo jus for volume riding.

Some ppl say taking 2 identical mono signals, split 2 channels, 1 Left and 1 Right, you get stereo. That´s bullshit! The waveform of a stereo signal is different on it´s left and right. There are slight phase differences btw them which gives the stereo impression.

well of course you should try to get a good balance either way.. my point is that i tend do it this way, and from there, it always goes smoother for me. your milage may vary.

guess the point is to try out all these tips, tricks, etc and see what works best for the way you work. its goes back to that old saying "just coz XXX endorses a certain product, or works a certain way, dosent mean that whats gonna work for you". besides, i guess we all pick up our own unique way of acheving the same end; good music.

icon_smile.gif

Back