My Roland JP8000 :(

frequenz

I had my Roland JP8000 and one day, the sound became weird as it doesnt seem to project the sound well enough. When starting up, it had cranky sound for about 10min plus till the beautiful sound is heard.

I search forum and asked about the problem been caused. The only solution is to take out and change the battery, but I see nothing in there. Furthermore, I decided not to F ard my syth and sent it to Swee Lee Music Company to repair.

I had waited since 11 Nov till today and I received a call from them mentioning about my syth. (I do call up and check up the few times)

The thing is: due to the technician is unable to fix it as the sound from different key isnt at the correct sound level, he did helped me to ask the quotation for the Roland JP8000 motherboard. After chasing the supplier for a mth or so, the total cost for the board plus shipping, GST cost up to $910!

I was wondering, the original syth cost about $2000+ and its like almost half the price of the new syth! I am totally lost whether should I get the new board or really forget about it. The only thing that I can use for is perhaps MIDI interface.

Guys, how u all think. This beautiful baby is the god for electronic music, IMHO. But now.. it suffered so much that I had no idea.. should i fix it... :(

first of all, let me move this to the keyboard section instead of the kopitiam.

just 2 months ago, i cliped my webcam on my notebook and it cracked the lcd. cost to repair is $700. new notebook = $2500.

well, the notebook is about 3 years old. i decide not to repair and get another notebook.

* i got no solution for you. :oops:

thank guys... i decided to get back my JP8K, not going to repair it since... the mobo cost half the new set.. whats the point. Maybe I can trigger as MIDI interface since the knob is still in good use.

I had Superwave P8, but never fancy it at all. But the interface is ultimate cool.

For the price of $901, I would like get the SH201 with abit of top up. But its future decision ... :(

:( !!!! Will be getting the syth back this weekend.... I shall c what I can do :( .. Condolence to my syth, :roll:

Back