Mwts / mwtb

trippyfactory

Just thinking out loud:

The letter "M" in the above mentioned title probably means "Might"; pardon my ignorance if I interpret it wrongly.

It's a place to buy, sell or both. Not a place to think twice or be indecisive.

I generally ignore MWTS/MWTB titles because the seller may be wasting my time as they are still considering to buy or sell.

Sell or don't sell. Buy or don't buy. No maybe/might/possibly BS for me.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, it does mean might.

Well idk, maybe they use the title if they're reluctant to buy/sell, and might only do so if they come across a particularly nice item, or they're offered a perticularly good price?

This "M" thing may/might have caused more misunderstandings.
Also, it may/might had became an escape clause for some...

For "MWTS", if the seller is using "M" simply becos he is looking for a good price, why not just use "WTS" and state the desired price?

For "MWTB", if the buyer is using "M" simply becos he is looking for a dirt-cheap bargain, why not just state how much he is willing to pay?
Or, wait a little longer, your MWTB may become WTB.

Other than this MWTS/B, there's this "Feeler" thingy thread...
Interesting point brought up by the TS.
It's true that such MWTS/B/Feeler thread are usually ignored.

;)

Interesting, actually I didn't grasp the meaning of the M before. Actually I would never have come to the idea that someone might want to sell/buy and advertise it as such. Thanks for the hint, I will going forward ignore such offers as well (especially MWTB)

Last edited:
When the $ offered is high, MWTS becomes WTS.
When the $ is low, MWTB becomes WTB.
Money => M => May/Might... :mrgreen:

Well, we can always give a MWTS response to a MWTB ad, and vice versa. Afterall, they're all in the "maybe" dimension. :rolleyes:

I feel the MWTS/MWTB is quite a smart move for buyers/sellers to cover their buttocks.

As mentioned, it is all about finding the right price to buy and sell. If the price is not right, the 'M' covers them against any flammatory remarks thrown by buyers or sellers alike.

Say a guy is looking to sell this SG that I really like and I offer him a price, he probably kiv to see if he can get better offer. Yet at the same time, this stupid idiot has the trump card to keep me waiting because after all, it is "M"WTS, not a "S"WTS where S = Sure.

Alot of people are using it now. A little time wasting though. I agree with TrippyFactory and I seldom look into MWTB or MWTS cuz you could be asking wasting precious time, braincells and sms fee on the items and they will just find excuses to stall for time till they find the right price.

Even after they found the right price, suddenly, WOAH this feeling of "oh I feel attached to my axe and I don't wanna sell it anymore" kinda sh*t.

I am not sure if any of you have encountered it before, but I got a sh*t load of these excuses until "I BECOME SO NUMB I CAN FEEL YOU THERE, BECOME SO NUMB!!"

In conclusion, if somebody puts an "M" in front of his/her WTS/WTB, it goes to show how decisive that person is in dealing with matters. Of cuz, some will buy/sell quickly even though they put the tag there, but u just have to "heng/suay" and see.

Mwts bs

In conclusion, if somebody puts an "M" in front of his/her WTS/WTB, it goes to show how decisive that person is in dealing with matters. Of cuz, some will buy/sell quickly even though they put the tag there, but u just have to "heng/suay" and see.

Then the traders on soft are abusing this free service by James and good hearted souls who gives dontations to keep this forum alive!

I am not sure how many people who would give a D**n about this, but being indecisive and wasting bandwidth is definately not the way to go.

If you are not sure of selling it. Don't.

Mwts/mwtb bs

In all honesty, everyone here in this buy/sell classifieds is here for a good deal. I will give the benefit of doubt that no one is here to "low-ball".

You buy at a price you're most comfortable with as do when you sell. If uncertain, the Internet or even your friends who play the guitars are here for a 2nd opinion.

Sometimes losing a couple of tens just to get the sale won't be a bad thing. You might even find yourself a new friend.

So to all might-want-to-sell-buy-traders...here's something for you to think about.

Back