Must Read - Major website upgrade

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Dear SOFTies!!

Yes, it is time of the year again where we out grow ourselves. We are more than double in terms of traffic and members compared to this time last year.

In view to maintain this and anticipate future growth, i will be switching the website's software to vBulletin.

I have upgraded the server to a dedicated server with as much power as i can afford.

All current content and forum will be migrated to the new system.

All PM will not be moved. Do help me by deleting unwanted PM or simply copy them onto your PC.

I should be making the switch over next week. Hope everything will go well.

Thank you for all your continuous support.

James Woo

Awesome news! Even though I don't surf here as much these days cos school's such a *@&(@$&@, I'm glad to hear about the shift to vb finally. Thanks James for your hard work :) vb rocks.

Question: Any way in phpBB to export our PMs?

thanks for the feedback. i really really hope that the migration will go smoothly. i did a few test to get myself familiar with the proccess, so yah, got to prepare food and kopi.

after the migration to VB, it will be a new learning proccess for me. things might not look/work the same as currently. there might even be some problems. but i am sure we can work them out eventurally.

Hey....how do i backup my posts? Cos the announcement says backup ur posts. Do i hv 2 copy and paste everything into MS Word? Sry noob here. Thx!

ya, just copy those post that is important. just in case we do not manage to migrate everything over, at least you still have a copy and can re-post again.

thanks.

1 30 am and the forum is working smoothly, despite the news of it being transferred to another server. Or maybe the transfer has yet to begin?

Well, whatever it is, looking forward to the new change :D

THOA, not yet lah. when it is done, you WILL see the difference. we will look very VBB. will take some time to beautify it again.

hi cheez, not yet. want to give somemore time for SOFTies to backup their PM first.

Yeah..Soft Traffic had really double-up....managing such a forum means...more money also...thks James you're a great guy.

Looking forward to the New.w Soft's Look.kkkkk !

Cheers !

Back