Musical Instruments at Ochanomizu (Tokyo)

i went to quite of alot of japan guitar shops before . they have alot of MIJ fender , gibson's , some ibanez , and other weird brands which workman ship is pretty good

Kenneth C: he ask anybody been there, i say i goin on sep. but hes going end of month. so i cant help. so i say sorry lor!

i went there last december on a holiday trip and just had to go to ochanomizu after asking my hotel where the most guitar shops are located. firstly, there are around 7 shops selling many many items, second hand and first. there is ishibashi there, selling rickenbackers and stingrays. there are shops selling so many effects and lakland basses. effects range from boss to some zvex pedals (fuzz factory). MIJ fenders cost super cheap, around SGD500 only. hope this helps, you will definitely find what you want i guess.

i was there 2 yrs ago. but i tink i was in hokkaido. i went to this place called musical intruments street. super nice place. loads of cheap+good stuff. my bro picked up his 2nd fender. this time it was a MIJ jzz basss

"MIJ fenders cost super cheap, around SGD500 only"

Isa,
Where got cheap Fender, I didn't see any when I was there. The cheapest Fender ST 50 was above S$800. The others are all above S$1000. Where is the S$500 guitars??? Wah, don't make ppl waste money to buy air ticket and find no "super cheap Fender" leh..

OT for a bit...

shibuya's ishibashi from what i saw is the biggest in tokyo, esp with 1 room thats the size of 3 sweelee bras basar's glassroom (or bigger!), all vintage and rare guitars/basses. location is at BEAM building, where Mandarake (anime / comic / toys supermassive basement store) is.

back to ochanomizu....

look for Meidai Dori (street) and go south... both side of the road there's shops lined frm floor to ceiling w guitars/efx/amps etc.... after 2-3 shops, they are pretty similar.lol

save bet is to stick to ishibashi chainstores... there's a few just on meidai dori.

personally, i prefer to just buy online and get them to ship over. not much cheaper over there. and the hassle of going to check them into the airplane / gst bla bla... tsk

Ochanomizumap-1.jpg

The links to all these store:
http://home.att.ne.jp/sun/M-Sroom/chamizu.html

any updates

Going Japan in 3 weeks.. Interested in the Ochanomizu area man.. any honest reccomendations which brands are value for money? Is MIJ Fender or ESP cheaper? A fren of mone did by a decent MIJ Strat for just over 500 Sgd but thats at osaka area

places worth checkin out...

musicland in shibuya... ŠyŠí‚ÌŽ–‚È‚çŠyŠí�ê–å“X‚̃~ƒ…�[ƒWƒbƒNƒ‰ƒ“ƒhKEY�@‚ ‚È‚½‚ÌŠX‚ÌŠyŠí‰®‚³‚ñ�i‚ª‚Á‚«‚₳‚ñ�j... just across the train station... along route 246... u cant miss it...

ikebe... stacked and full of premium instruments floor to ceiling...
IKEBE... location is a bit low profile and hard to find... just across a small bridge beside laox gakki yasan in akihabara...

ishibashi chain... �y�΋´ŠyŠí“X�zŠyŠí”Ì”„ ƒMƒ^�[ ‰ºŽæ‚è ’†ŒÃŠyŠí�@”ƒŽæ‚è‚Ü‚·�I... almost everywhere...

laox music store in akihabara.. the whole building is filled with instruments...

in ochanomisu... everythings the same... the streets and back alleys are chock full of guitars... at the end of the day... i feel like throwing up... haha!!!

dont forget to wear comfy clothes and rubber shoes... and be prepared for a bit amount of walking...
hope this helps...

thanx

many thanx dude..
will salivate for the next few days.. any recomendations best value for money guits i should get? Not that I can buy a lot.. just bought 2 in the last 2 months. haha

Ochanomisu

heya

just got back from tokyo.. must say ochanomizu is da bomb! crazy shit over there.. too many guitars.. too many! ended buying a Kotzen Tele at musicvox akihabara coz that was nearer to my hotel..

Back