music shop business...

ramil_pedrosa

why nobody want to place a business in downtown east or in the new t1 mall in tampines like a music shop, guitar shop or whatever to serve people in the east? just wondering..??:rolleyes::confused:

Bukit Timah? I remember that shop is called Lutheir's if I remember correctly. It's a small shop.

Why isn't there any shops in the north then?

Best is still go down to the city to get it. There are more choices there, cause everyone cluster around there.

There are shops in the North. Only two I know, that is. There's Standard Value that by now most Softies know about. :mrgreen:

There's also Symphony Music School @ Causeway Point (at Woodlands MRT) but it is more of a music school and their strings are even more overpriced than at Yamaha... Not to mention the only guitars are their 'house brand' guitars which I haven't really tried yet.

But generally most guitar stores are in the city. Mainly because that's where everyone goes.

Along Bukit Timah road, there's Sound Alchemy in Coronation Plaza
Perfect for me since I stay nearby and study in Singapore Poly!

Nice place to hang out and talk cock with the people there
between classes, haha

how far is it from the west to the east or the east to town really... why dont you just say why isnt there a guitar shop beside the mama shop below my block to provide me with my needs.

In the study of Human Geography there is a concept called sphere of influence.

What this concept tell us is that various trades have different ability to draw customers/ number of customers required to sustain business.

On the one end of the scale is the provisions shop which has a very small sphere. In fact some don't stretch beyond the HDB block they are located in. They are able to attract enough customers that the provisions shop in the next block is not a threat. Why, because the good they sell are purchased based on convenience.

At the other end of the scale we have luxury goods. These can include guitars, jewelry, branded goods etc. To run a business selling these goods you need a broader market as not everyone will purchase and most people will purchase infrequently (not many of us buy a new guitar every week!)

Therefore guitar shops have a large sphere of influence so they will tend to locate at the area that allows them to cover the greatest area. Which equals town (thats why it became town in the first place!)

being a salesperson in city area is the best....all the big fishes....

life is hard as a salesperson in residential area....

10 times difference...

it is thru my real experience....

Back