Most expensive instruments

yonmin

After some thoughts, I notice the most expensive music instrument is actually not piano. Instead it is GUITAR.

My gibson robot guitar and Les Paul Custom tgt cost me as much as $10,000.

The amplifier cost me another $2000.

With the effects like Budwah, distortion, sum up to around $1500 too.

Including the maintenance of changing strings every 2-3 months, I notice guitar being the most expensive instrument.

hmm... it really depends, i guess, on the rarity and historical value of the instrument. im pretty sure there are rare instruments going for over $100k. For guitars, i saw a limited edition Jackson RR going on ebay for $25k, but im sure are there some that costs more.

like what Paul Daniel said to me- its all about the theory and knowledge, not much about the instrument..

nonetheless, i think it feels really great to own expensive instruments..
i think i saw 3 gibson for sale at a total cost of 850,000...
i could easily buy a boat with that and sail away..

price tags can be thought up by anyone what
so if they feel that its of high value (due to age, who made it, signature, sentimental value)

the sky's the limit

Yes, a stradivari cost 1.5mil each on average,but if ur talking bout non historic intruments like that of a stadivari,the full sized organ is indeed the most expensive of all. then followed by an harp . . Thats what i'm guessing.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/10/expensive-musical-instruments_cx_mr_0411musicinst.html

there's slideshow for the most expensive intruments incl voilins, cellos, john lennon's piano, eric clapton's blackie.

to quote what usually determines prices of instruments:

But is this kind of growth sustainable? "Only if one does [one's] due diligence," cautions Christie's Keane. He cites six fine-instrument value determinants:

1. Attribution (who made it)

2. Quality

3. Condition

4. Provenance (who played it)

5. Freshness to the market. An instrument brought out of 200 years in hiding incites "an air of discovery," Keane says.

6. Fashion. For example, "classical guitars are hot right now."

My primary school compulsory instrument, the recorder, cost me a bomb.

A grand total of 500 cents.

Yeah, yeah not funny I know. Randomshit.

But, if you say guitar is the most expensive guitar, PLUS the other equipment, its not counted that the GUITAR itself is the most expensive instrument.

Guitar is hardly the most expensive instrument. The guitar alone can't match the price of a really good grand piano or a orchestral string instrument. And if you want to count maintanece costs and all that, not even a guitar is that expensive. Have you tried replace piano strings? that could be worse

Guitar is hardly the most expensive instrument. The guitar alone can't match the price of a really good grand piano or a orchestral string instrument. And if you want to count maintanece costs and all that, not even a guitar is that expensive. Have you tried replace piano strings? that could be worse

I agree. The most commercially non-exclusive available instrument would be a model of a Steinway & Sons Grand piano I believe. Goes up to about $600k if I'm not wrong.

Most expensive grand piano - Steinway Legacy Series (675,000 USD). Most expensive violin - Lady Tennant Stradivarius (sold in 2005 for 2.03 million USD). Guitar is hardly close to these...

Most expensive grand piano - Steinway Legacy Series (675,000 USD). Most expensive violin - Lady Tennant Stradivarius (sold in 2005 for 2.03 million USD). Guitar is hardly close to these...

unless the guitar is studded with diamonds!!

Nope.. Guitar owns all..

US$5.12m.. Squier Strat..
omniroma114874442510113246_.jpg

cocaine-guitar.jpg

Back