MIM Jazz basses (fender)

Keefeology

Are they rly that bad? I mean I've seen people making covers with MIM and they don't seem that bad to me.... Furthermore, they'll really cheap as compared to MIA and MIJ models for a standard issue... But does the price drop from those two models make it lack anything? Anyway, is it possible if anyone knows i can get one at a 2nd hand price? Because I don't seem to see anyone posting it up on the market. D:

Standard of qc is supposedly more consistent on MIAs and MIJs. Can be remedied by play testing an instrument before you drop cash on it.

Standard of qc is supposedly more consistent on MIAs and MIJs. Can be remedied by play testing an instrument before you drop cash on it.

thats true,they wont be that bad the material they used are the same. just that the quality will lose a lil points.

MIM..bad?....guess its the player that is bad.....

I hv one myself..feels really good n well made as compared to few other bass I had before...

and of course it also depends on personal taste too...

If I'm not wrong, the MIM pieces use a cheaper grade of wood. Electronics are also inferior compared to MIA models, and they do not have that graphite neck support thing that MIA pieces have. Heard bad things about their tuners, like how they go out of tune after each gig, but never really experienced that.

What I can say is, they are most likely to be better made compared to any current day Squire. IMO I just don't like how the logo looks for MIM Fenders that's all.

As mentioned above, the qc is poorer so some might be quite good and some will suck so always try b4 you buy. If you find a good one then you're lucky :)

Back