MIDI Controller!

eugen3

Hey guys,

check out this midi controller!

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=61

1Key25S1M.jpg

This is the ESI Keycontrol 25. Super flexible and versatile. 3 wheels, 8 knobs, 8 encoders and 20 buttons.
Going for AUD$299 but i can get it around $280. (Probably less)
Anybody interested? :D

Too bad the mod wheel and the pitch bend are arranged vertically with respect to each other. This can be annoying if we want to control both of them simultaneously using the left hand.

They probably did that to reduce the width - to make it smaller. But it's only a few extra cm if you put the two wheels next to each other. That wouldn't make it too long. First keyboard/controller I see that actually designed it this way.

Also, there's no mention whether the knobs are endless or not.

Other than that, it looks OK.

wow! more and more 25 keys controller!

Software virtual instruments are marching to the main stream.

25 keys!! ..... always always too small for me ... hahahaa =)

pardon me, i'm a pianist .....

is the keybed nice? or lousy? .... anybody tested it? how was the feel?

i thought it'll be nice if they put fader? =P

Unlikely for faders in this unit. Obviously they want to make something small. Hence the unusual arrangement of the wheels. Faders will take up too much height space.

the m-audio O2 is one of the worst shiats man.. the modulation and pitch bend arent even wheels! to think i bought it 2 yrs ago . :lol:

hahahaha ....

i still have my Oxygen 49keys hanging around in my closet .... =P

i prefer stick! i dun really like wheels ..... but, heck ... no choice now ... =)

I remember my very first keyboard almost 20 years ago - a Yamaha PSR. The pitch bend was 5 small black buttons arranged vertically. To bend it, you roll your fingers over the buttons. Really wierd! But then, it's a PSR...

Back