mics ?!

kentaroC

hi can anyone reconmend a good vocal mic? or places to get good mics ... my buget around $100 ... whats the difference between dynamic and condenser mic in vocal sense? i know i have a lot of questions ... so thanks alot in advance !

$100 not going to bring you far. If you splash out a bit more, you can get an SM57, traditionally used for instruments, but can double up as vocals as well.

oh yah ... realise that too ... 100 buck cant get me anywhere ... will save up abit more ... actually whats the difference between a PG 58 to a SM 58 ?

No idea about the PG, but the sm58 vs 57 is the ball protector(!). Supposedly kind of muffles the sound, but hey, the differences were slightly minor. Still sm57 dude. Tried and tested and is ok as a cheap first mike.

hmmm... but i will be using the mic only for lead vocals ... and 57 is for instruments ... is it still better to get the 57 ? thanks man ...

Yeah if you´re not jumping up and down you don´t need the sm58´s ball protector. They´re the same mikes except for that.

i dunno guys.. the thing about the only diffrence being the ball protector.. the sm58 tends to have more of a proximity boost then the 57..dunno if thats cause of the protector, but it is very obvious and one of the things the mic is famed for. (saving thing voices). Of course, the general tone is quite different too.

the 57 is designed primarly as an instrument mic, the 58, a vocal one. not to say you cant use it any either way, but those are the applications they are specificly suited for.

i use both mics quite often myself, cant really go wrong with em.
icon_smile.gif

++Thinking aloud++

Buying mic is like getting a pair of running shoe. Got to try first mah!
icon_wink.gif

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: soft on 16-11-2003 00:12 ]</font>

Get the beta57. Both vocals and instrument also can except for bass amp. Not much difference in the studio compared to my ShureBeta 87A for vocals despite the latter being a condenser.

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to recording, and I've also been looking around for a good mic to begin with, to record vocals as well as instrument amps.

Just wondering whether you guys have come across the Behringer C-1. I saw it at http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=C-1&lang=eng and according to the website, it's only going for S$69.99 excl. GST. It seems like a very good deal for a condenser, and I'm thinking of getting one. What do you all think?

Sounds ok, but you've got to hear it first. I'd be pretty suspicious of a setup like this though. I've got a behringer B-1 and it works out fine!

Hi veganbleu, how much did you get the B-1 for? Where can I buy Behringer mics in Singapore? Read some reviews, and they are mostly good :)

Around 190 from hung bros. I'm not discounting the behringer C1 as yet. But truthfully if i had cash, i'd get myself a r0de instead. But as they say, beggars can't be choosers.

You can also try trektech's website, which appears to be half reconstructed.....

Back