microkey and cubase

i recently bought a microkey and i know that its a midi controller so it does not produce any sound on its on and it just controls sounds from software,i'm using cubase le 4 and i've set the input as microkey and the output as microsoft gs wavetable synth,i've been experiencing latency and some people online in other forums have said that the wavetable should be avoided,what other software can i use for the output so that there won't be latency

1. Make sure that you are using ASIO drivers (that it's installed and selected as the driver)
2. Cubase LE should come with some virtual instruments. Use those.

i used the korg m1 as a virtual instrument,under input routing i choose microkey,under the output routing it displays as M1(microKEY ctrl). the yellow and green bars in the midi input and output activity are showing but there is no sound coming out from my speakers,cubase can record the midi notes also but there is no sound during playback as well,any help would be appreciated thanks,i have the asio4all drivers installed alr.

Any movement from the Cubase mains level indicator? If not, something wrong with routing. Need to check to make sure the output of the M1 VST is indeed routed to the mains. If there are movement, then problem is external routing (hardware).

Have you tried using the plugins that come with Cubase LE? Do those work?

it works alr but thanks man cheez,in the end the solution was having 2 tracks,1 vst instrument track for the output sound and 1 midi track for the midi input

Back