metronome or drum machine?

unholyernest

i have no idea where to post this.

anyone wrote a review about any metronome? or drum machines? i looking for one. but i have no idea what to get.

i've never used or heard a drum machine before, so i dunno how it works.
and also i have no idea whether i need an expensive drum machine or just a cheap metronome.

when i play guitar,i just need something that gives the beat.
but sometimes i wanna have a backup drum.

so anyone can help?
thanks a lot!

haha i use the old school metronome, those for piano one.

TING TING TING TOCK :b

hahah ok seriously. er most of the metronomes have roughly the same features unless youre looking at the higher end ones

maybe you could try downloading programs that have metronome or drum beats? cheaper lol

Look for zoom at citymusic..they have some low end drum machines..

BUt for prActice, metronome should be sufficient..if u can play to a click u can play to anything

yes..i know city music have those zoom ones..that cost less than 300..they look damn cool..now i'm just wondering if i do need a drum machine.or perhaps a metronome is good enough..

i'm not really sure what wonders can a drum machine do, other than just creating a midi drum like what a GP5 can do. so just asking if anyone has ever played with one.

im using a zoom rt223 as metronome and also sometimes to dial in a rhythm beat and add some quick bass lines to jam too. few years old and still holding up well.

If i'm not mistaken, the cheapest drum machines are way more expensive than even a intermediate metronome.

Don't get drum machines, instead, i would recommend some computer programmes which you can sequence midi drumbeats. Do search around as there are a couple of free good ones which are moderately user friendly.

Spend your money on good metronome instead. A digital one around $40 to $50 is more than sufficient.

you definetly dont need the drum machine. buy a gNOME or metroNOME. some even come with a tuner so biggup for that

A drum machine, or somehting similar, would be better than a metronome. It does everything a metronome can do and more since beats affect the manner which you play...

Cheapest alternative is to find midi composers, I'm sure there are free ones, then compose the drums on your own.

A metronome set to half the tempo of the song, and set so that it only sounds on the 2nd and 4th beats (for a 4/4 song), is a great way to practice timing. (Props to Tomo Fujita - Accelerate Your Guitar Playing. Great DVD.)

A drum machine can sequence your songs and make sure you hit the notes on the right areas.

So different positives from different usage. (Of course, a metronome is much cheaper and a drum machine can do what a metronome can.)

Drum machine wins hands down for me.

I have both a drum machine and a metronome. I use the metronome for simple time and rhythm keeping exercises. However you can't run away from the fact that the metronome plays just a boring stripped down click track, sometimes with accents and sometimes with different tones.

However with a drum machine you'll be able to take it up a few whole notches. I have a boss dr rhythm, loads of different drum loops; from the simple meat and potatoes basic beats to the really way out ethnic and even techno sounding loops.

Nothing makes music more fun for me than getting down on some really tight funk loops and strumming my E9 chord all day long!

In a nutshell, a metronome would give you the really stripped down basics, but if you're serious about having fun and improving your rhythm chops at the same time, just get a drum machine. Much more inspirational!

However the only drawback IMHO, there's sometimes a learning curve when it comes to programming loops in a standalone drum machine.

how much is the boss thingy? and where got sell?

i was thinking about the zoom at city music..RT223..cost slightly less than 300..

Back