MEGADETH on Straits Times & Life front page today!!!

wow, next time no need buy newspaper already!

ha..ha..haa...

cannot imagine if your idol were to come Singapore for a concert! :lol:

soft said:
wow, next time no need buy newspaper already!

ha..ha..haa...

cannot imagine if your idol were to come Singapore for a concert! :lol:

Yep, tats my real idol, not the Singapore Idol or American Idol. ;) im glad tat Dave Mustaine knows abt Singapore. Hope tat MEGADETH will come to Singapore to perform next yr during their World Tour. :D

megadeth, chaos with authority, if they come here?? hardly, i guess.....
if dark funeral(what they had in their stuff, is definitely more extreme than megadeth...) can even make it down here for a gig 2years back, i dont think megadeth will have problem, it's only whether is there any promoter want to birng them in or not and how much $ involved...... my 0.0002 cent

Huh dark funeral in singapore.But they not performing in arena but in usual gigs.....I think even authorities here got no idea they r here cause they r here 4 a minor show....Mega deth,they r here(hope so)2 perform in big arena,where 100s of fans is present.So they have 2 follow the rules here..I remember GnR r banned from performing here...Even Metallica had 2 follow rules here.No vulgar,chewing gum,shirtless n all that crabs..

brundisium said:
megadeth, chaos with authority, if they come here?? hardly, i guess.....
if dark funeral(what they had in their stuff, is definitely more extreme than megadeth...) can even make it down here for a gig 2years back, i dont think megadeth will have problem, it's only whether is there any promoter want to birng them in or not and how much $ involved...... my 0.0002 cent

FUCKFEAR said:
Huh dark funeral in singapore.But they not performing in arena but in usual gigs.....I think even authorities here got no idea they r here cause they r here 4 a minor show....Mega deth,they r here(hope so)2 perform in big arena,where 100s of fans is present.So they have 2 follow the rules here..I remember GnR r banned from performing here...Even Metallica had 2 follow rules here.No vulgar,chewing gum,shirtless n all that crabs..

seeing MEGADETH on our very own Straits Times is a good sign & really show SG being more open-minded towards heavy metal music. Those SG entertainment "police" can issue a hundred concert rules to follow, i jus hope tat at the end of the day, we get to see MEGADETH, it will be something i will always remember 4ever. ;)

super_punk said:
isn't megadeth broken up?

lars_ulrich said:

Yep, Lars right. MEGADETH is back wif one last album & a farewell World Tour. After which, Dave Mustaine will begin his solo artiste career. :) Its all good becos afterall, Dave wrote almost all of the MEGADETH songs, we will be expecting more kickass music from him in the future.

To super_punk: Check out the interesting twists of wat happen to MEGADETH here -> http://forums.hardwarezone.com/show...4aa9750d97e7aee220&threadid=671253&forumid=14

;)

Former MEGADETH Bassist DAVID ELLEFSON Hopes To Work With DA

Former MEGADETH Bassist DAVID ELLEFSON Hopes To Work With DAVE MUSTAINE Again - Oct. 16, 2004

Former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson was interviewed by Eddie Trunk on the "Friday Night Rocks" show on New York's Q104.3 FM this past Friday (October 15). Several excerpts from the interview follow:

Check it at this link -> http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28071

;)

Actually, they are coming... I believe...

It's part of their Asian tour. But you never know... SEA famous for terrorist bombings, SARs, bird flu etc.

So hopefully, they'd come down to our lil isle eh? :D

Guess wat, James MacDonough (new bassist of MEGADETH, formerly of Iced Earth) post this official message(see below) in MEGADETH forum, to address some of the issues surrounding the new interview of former bassist, David Ellefson (see above for the link to the interview).

To AgingYouth: Hope MEGADETH will really make a stop @Singapore & unleash the metal fury. Its been a long time since we hav a kickass concert, man. ;)

----------------------
James MacDonough
----------------------

Something that needs to be put to Rest

I've met many of you during my travels and will undoubtably meet many more, either you will respect my opinion or not. I'm up front and speak my mind which isn't entirely a good thing but oh well. Regarding everything that was spoken in the interview with Jnr. (Ellefson), I need to state somethings point blank. I am Megadeth's bassist bottom line, there will never ever be another Dave in the band. I've sweated blood to get this gig , literally, I've had to adapt to a entirely different style of playing and have put 200% of my heart and soul into this endeavor, if that is even possible to concieve. It will be over my dead body that I give up my post, which won't happen anyway with all the comments I've recieved from "The General".

Most of you won't understand what has gone on in the inner workings of this band, but you see where the music comes from......no one was involved except Mustaine on this album and see how genuine it is. There were no negative influences or other (cancers) to taint the muse. Alot of the basslines you think he came up with, were of course Mustaine. I don't feel right explaining the ludicrisy behind what Jr. is suing Dave for , nor is it my place, but I will tell you one thing, some of your comments and posts are not far off the mark at all. Jnr. is coming out with all this because he realized what a big mistake he made with the lawsuit.

Think about it, why would he insinuate future dealings with Mustaine in the middle of a huge legal ordeal that is global news? Also this gets his name back in the headlines. I personally have nothing against him, he was always cordial to me in the past but this is the present and things happen for a reason. The new Megadeth is by far the best line up, most dedicated and this will show at every live performance. I know you will be skeptical at this , but I promise you , just wait. I hope I'm not coming off as arrogant. You just have to trust me on this, you'll get more than you bargained for and will not go away dissapointed. Read my thread on what Glen is like and that'll give you a little more insight as well. I wish all of you well and will see you soon,

James MacDonough

Latest posts

Back