Marshall Shredmaster Distortion Box

Was wondering if anyone has ever used the now-extinct Shredmaster distortion box by Marshall? It seems to be out of production, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a box that sounds close to it.

Wow, this is so interesting. Didn't know of such a site....I wonder if it's reliable getting these replicated models...but it sure is tempting. My Shredmaster is about to be put to sleep and I could definitely use a worthy replacement.

It's probably reliable - I got the link off Beavisaudio.com. You could search thegearpage.net see if anyone has bought his pedals. You gotta assemble it though... hehehe.

Interestingly, the Shredmaster uses some of the most common chips - TL072, 1N4148. Must be some mojo on those Marshall ones.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/ampovdrv.htm

Man, I know nuts about chips and circuitry when it comes to electronic issues. Does it mean that its easy to re-build the circuit on your own with such common parts? I really love this gadget alot, and have been using it for like ages.

Get it built by any of the pedal modders/makers if you're not into smelling solder fumes. :p I dunno, you might want to email and see if the guy makes a finished set as well.

For the record I just placed an order for the OLC Shredmeister. A pic and maybe some reviews when I fix it up (when it comes).

thor, how much is the shipping did you pay for the olc shredmaster?

Was thinking of getting some pedals for olc too...

i didn't like the shredmaster at all even though it had the Jonny Greenwood mojo all over it.

my friend had the actual vintage pedal. same goes for the original guvnur. I still have it in some carton box hiding in my storeroom.

Received it, built it, love it.

Instructions are fairly clear and straightforward. Even a novice solder guy like me can work on it. Everything is included.

No pictures yet since I'm too lazy to configure my V3 handphone to my computer.

Back