markbass voltage selector jumper

shinobi

i found this old 2008 post on talkbass

Inside of LMII

120.jpg

There is 120/240 selection jumper.

And it will void your warranty if you do it yourself.

DIY voltage change success from 120 to 240 so far

F1

Mini CMD 121P

LMII

In South Korea, there is huge interest in Markbass product.

After importing 120V model from Japan or USA, users do volatge change by themselves.

And I love my Italian red limited edition F1 :bassist:

can anyone with a markbass amp confirm? i used to have a LM250 that i got from a local musician but it has since left the country... but i know some guys have it.

if i had the money i would want to upgrade to an f1 or f500.

i would of course get a rh450 but hell have u seen the prices on those things

Last edited:
eh sorry man its the 3.0 not the 6.0. which im seriously thinking of selling. anyway i think someone else selling a 6.0...

seriously? i'm thinking of getting the LM250 in the near future. but i don't think doing this mod would really be worth it, since it voids the warranty.

lordie is probably looking at cool-beans's Shuttle 6.0 haha.

Hey Shinobi,

I have a Markbass SD800 that is on a irritating 120V, can you let me know the exact way to mod it to 240V based on your pic here?

Thanks in advance.

I have done the vltage conversion for a markbass F1 myself.

Not too sure about the LM250 though .. haven't seen the inside of one and i heard its not as simple...

the picture is a F1 and it's one of the simpler mods, anyone could do it.

otherwise i don't think it's very complex. it's a matter of some basic soldering and maybe a fuse change. so it requires a bit of skill and knowledge. but i have zero.

a good, experienced tech could do it but i dont know if such a guy exists in singapore. not many can repair amps (i only know one), much less mod them.

the original thread is here http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5559204
more pics, more info, more things i dont understand

warranty is granted provided your product is actually under warranty... markbass' does their servicing through the retailer, so presumably you could only get it serviced at the retailer from which the product was purchased. no cigar if you got it 2nd hand or even if you don't have proof of purchase.

i know davis is good where selling stuff is concerned but i dont know about their after sales technical support........

I have done the vltage conversion for a markbass F1 myself.

Not too sure about the LM250 though .. haven't seen the inside of one and i heard its not as simple...
so... did it really involve just the mod as shown in the pic? did u have to do change the fuse? any soldering involved? thanks in advance man

the picture is a F1 and it's one of the simpler mods, anyone could do it.

otherwise i don't think it's very complex. it's a matter of some basic soldering and maybe a fuse change. so it requires a bit of skill and knowledge. but i have zero.

a good, experienced tech could do it but i dont know if such a guy exists in singapore. not many can repair amps (i only know one), much less mod them.

the original thread is here http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5559204
more pics, more info, more things i dont understand

warranty is granted provided your product is actually under warranty... markbass' does their servicing through the retailer, so presumably you could only get it serviced at the retailer from which the product was purchased. no cigar if you got it 2nd hand or even if you don't have proof of purchase.

i know davis is good where selling stuff is concerned but i dont know about their after sales technical support........

Thanks for the headsup.. the "only guy" who can do this does not happen to be Goose right? He's busy as hell these days

unfortunately... but i know another guy, mikemann, who MIGHT be able to do it. or rather SEEMS LIKE he could do it. i ever sent a combo to him when i couldn't get it to power on, but it turned out to be just a blown fuse rather than a serious problem.

so... did it really involve just the mod as shown in the pic? did u have to do change the fuse? any soldering involved? thanks in advance man

Yeah .. it was just that, and the change of fuse. .. not soldering involved for the mod.
i also changed the effects loop to series instead of the parallel default, and the DI output from post to pre..

do the post/pre parallel/series jumpers need soldering? im aware of the 'moddability' but less has been covered on this.

Back