Make Midi Tracks with Guitar

Xwen625

I am learning to make midi tracks with a Korg Triton workstation. Problem is I can hardly play the keyboard.

Can I make midi tracks with my guitar? Do I need to buy some hard ware, instruments, or can I plug my guitar into my PC soundcard and expect midi tracks to be automatically created ?

get the boss guitar synth or something. its a mdi controller plus module all roll into one

To send in your MIDI data to the PC by playing the Guitar..you need a Guitar with MIDI pick up..(Roland GR-33 or GR-20 with GK 2A or GK 3A MIDI Pickup) set on your Guitar....

You can record MIDI after this Setup on the Guitar and change the sound for any synth you like....

Look in to Roland website www.rolandus.com for info on the MIDI pickups and Guitar Synthesizers.... :D

Xwen625, how well can you play the guitar? to simulate what a keyboard can do with a guitar is quite tough.

Oh no, not very well, but at least I can slow down the tempo and play something decent. With the keyboard, its next to zero.

i think qfactor meant you can use the software to make some midi tracks. coz you CAN just type in the chords and select the beats and wah-la! a midi track is born.

Dear Soft,

Yes - thats true. Afterall, music is a creative process.

I was always pre-occupied with making midis close to the original.

Xwen625, you have a triton?

are you comfortable with the triton sequencer? meaning you know most functions?

the reason why i asked is i want to find out which part you need help in.

most people who are used to software sequencer will faint using triton sequencer. but there are users out there who are very comfortable with it.

if you can't play the keyboard, you can use "Step Write". Try using it for the drums. Then the Bass. Then some chords. Soon, you will get the whole song out.

just dont think of the keyboard as a keyboard, think of it as a trigger for you to hit. you want this sound, you hit this note. you want that sound, you hit that note.

Xwen625 think u can create midi tracks with guitar pro..
i`ve tried it before but i believe it can be done..

Back