Mac Pro Help!

sj2six

Hey softies. I have a mac pro with a graphic card that came pre-installed when I bought. It has two video output; where one is the ADC (Apple Display Control) and the other one is a standard DVI. I'm working on dual LCD display where one is my old Apple LCD studio display (flat clear acrylic type) which is hooked to ADC, and the other one is a standard Acer LCD display.

Here is the problem. This morning, I switch on my Mac Pro and there is nothing on screen on my Apple LCD, whereas my Acer LCD has it. From my Acer LCD, i can tell that my OSX boot up without a problem. But despite that there is nothing on my Apple LCD, the power button on my Apple LCD is lighted. And I can still power up my CPU via this button without having to press my CPU power button.

I mean, if the problem lies my the graphic card, then why is is that my Acer display has picture on it, right?
But if the problem lies on my Apple LCD display, then why is it that the power button on it is lighted, lovelovelove I can still switch on my CPU via this button?

So I'm just need some advice from you guys whether which has the higher possiblity of faulty? I don't wanna waste money and buy both. Thanks a million times!

graphic card - pass.
Apple LCD - pass. (most likely)
Apple video cable - ?
Acer LCD - pass.
DVI cable - pass.
Mac Pro - pass.

sounds like the cable between your Apple LCD > ADC. faulty?

The cable? But the cable is hard-wired to my Apple LCD display. can't plug it out and change a new one. Plus, this one cable is not only the video cable, it's also the power cable. Which means the the ADC cable is providing the power as well as the video. And since the LCD is powered (judging by the power light is on), it's might not be the cable. I duno man..Argghhh....

i'll put it this way , just like hard disk, a hard disk may power up correctly but have its "data I/O" screwed. or vice versa, correct I/O data connection but not powered enough.

to confirm my troubleshoot assumption , you should get another one , borrow from another friend with ADC based apple monitor (there're many friendly Mac-kies users here who may help you out) ,if it powers display right, then I'm right.
if problem persists on another apple monitor then..

something may be screwed with your macOS display control settings controlling your ADC. since you have an acer DVI you can check that out

hope this helps

Back