m-audio Midi Controller or Keyboard

kezane

guys.. i was thinking between m-audio keystation 61es/88es or a yamaha keyboard.. budget isnt really big.. just wanan pick up keyboard and learn..

can the keystation give good piano sound? i choose this cause of the semi-weight.. and its 280-61es and 450-88es.. or should i get a normal second hand yamaha keyboard.. around that price also..

Does 88 keys really important on learning? thanks alot guys

for your information, m-audio keystation is only a midi controller, therefore it doesn't have sound in the first place...

=) ... go get the yamaha .... if you're only learning.... got the cheap one ... got sound can already..... unless u're serious about it ...

i know the midi controller have to connect to computer but so i was wonder whether got a nice piano module anot.. as i will be only using at home only.. and how is the sound and the response timing of the sound.. thanks alot =D yamaha cheap one bo weight keys eh..

YouTube offers a wealth of visual resources that may lead you to decide on the type of keyboard you are looking for and where your interest lies, meaning plain playing, composing, sampling or sequencing songs, etc.

For a start, try these keywords - (1) "psr" or "psr<model>" for arranger keyboards, and (2) "yamaha motif", "roland fantom", "korg triton" for synth workstations although they belong to the "high end" side. If you want more, try your own choice of keywords.

You may be limited by budget, but do take note that buying the "wrong" keyboard may end with disappointment and disgrunt rather than having the inspiration to play.

Best of luck in your search!

Back