Loose cable socket

MichaelAngelo

hi, sorry for my noobzor...my guitar's cable socket is loose, and is hence making a lot of noise/cutting off the signal when tilted at an angle. How should I fix it? Should I take it down to davis or something or can I do it myself? thanks!

what type of socket? strat type with jack plate, les paul type or the fluch with body superstrat type?

Hi there,

Open the guitar and check it first. It is very easy. Just open the guitar and check if the big long connector (see pic) on the output jack is not holding it tight. Just push it inwards slightly. Be careful and gentle as you might break it. It will hold the jack nicely then.

If the wiring is loose just do some soldering if you are comfortable with it. Otherwise take it to some guitar shop.

If both are ok then read some more on the internet! Hehe...Sorry ya but then I dont know what is it....

Hope that helps!

Vimal.

370002.jpg

thanks for the advice, but its kinda too late, I took it to guitar connection the following day n had it, plus the pickup selector changed for $50..the price to pay for not knowing my stuff..haha..Its a samick strat copy btw, so the jack is on the front face of the body.

thanks for the advice, but its kinda too late, I took it to guitar connection the following day n had it, plus the pickup selector changed for $50..the price to pay for not knowing my stuff..haha..Its a samick strat copy btw, so the jack is on the front face of the body.

ahh.... samick ...yeah the output jacks & selector always the first to go ...

Back