Looking for keyboardist for long term commitment w/ Japanese rock cover band

My new band needs a keyboardist.

We're doing mainly Japanese Rock covers, with some other songs on the side. I'm working on some originals for the band, but it will take quite some time before those are ready.

The setlist that we are working on for the next few weeks are

Cage- Dir En Grey
Daybreak's Bell- L'Arc En Ciel
Driver's High- L'Arc En Ciel
Redemption- Gackt
Howling- Abingdon Boys School
Fuwa Fuwa Time- K-On OST (because it's fun)
Black Jack- Janne Da Arc (to be confirmed, I'm guessing this is probably going to be the most difficult for keyboardists)

As you can tell, we definitely need a keyboardist/synth. It would be nice if the keyboardist can also cover guitar parts on some songs. For example, previously, on Cage (Dir En Grey), the keyboardist played the "music box" part in the intro, and then switched to playing the lead guitar line in the verse while the guitarist covered rhythm.

This is important as we're doing more Dir En Grey covers once I finish building my 5 string bass so downtuning can be avoided. Some of the guitar parts will have to be covered by keys.

I would personally like it if you are able to advise me on how to write keyboard parts, or even better, can come up with keyboard parts, and it would be good if you have at least some classical training. But I'll settle for someone who can cover existing songs well. The reason for this is because I'm very classically oriented, so whatever I write would probably have a lot of classical influences. I don't know if this is an issue or not.

Presently we have a vocalist, guitarist, bassist and drummer. Our previous keyboardist was a classical pianist, but he couldn't commit so I'm looking for a new one.

I'm hoping to start gigs soon with this new band. So, preferably, a keyboardist who has a keyboard (I think a lot of organizers don't supply, right? Anyway, I made a thread in the gear section recently asking for solutions for a keyboardist without a keyboard and the general concensus is to get a cheap keyboard...)

Our practice timings are Sunday afternoons. Exact time will depend on the individual member's commitments, but it will generally be at least 3 to 5, possibly starting earlier and ending later whenever possible. We rehearse near Bugis.

Please do drop me a PM or email me if you are interested! I'll give more details and send you a recording.

Back