Looking for a good luthier

wow. that is one heck of a job. if you do find a capable luthier, let us know.

btw, i suggest you just go buy a new bass with a maple fretboard. something tells me a job that big is going to cost ALOT.

I have thought of that as well but I love my bass right now and I dont want to have too much basses lying around the house.

but if I can't find one with in this year. might as well buy a new one :(

I have thought of that as well but I love my bass right now and I dont want to have too much basses lying around the house.

but if I can't find one with in this year. might as well buy a new one :(

what if you change the fretboard and it causes the feel/sound to be different and you don't like it anymore?

the change in tone shouldn't be that drastic...maybe the maple will mke it sound a bit brighter, but that's all.

Is it a bolt-on neck? What bass is it? Maybe you can try replacing the neck? Then if you don't like it, then you can just swap back and sell the neck...

Btw, is it fretted or fretless? From what I hear, the difference is almost purely aesthetic for a fretted...

Is it a bolt-on neck? What bass is it? Maybe you can try replacing the neck? Then if you don't like it, then you can just swap back and sell the neck...

Btw, is it fretted or fretless? From what I hear, the difference is almost purely aesthetic for a fretted...

it as set neck, so replacing the neck is not an option.

Mine is a fretted one.

rosewood is softer so it gives warmer tone, maple is very hard and stiff so it gives a brighter punchier tone this the reason slap bass players prefer the maple because is sounds amazing being slapped provided you have a good compression pedal to control all the attack.

nolah for the cost of such a mod u should just get another bass. more bass, more luck.

and if u got too many basses lying around u should get those wall hangers. as long as u got a wall u can have a bass. then instead of lying around they will be hanging around

nolah for the cost of such a mod u should just get another bass. more bass, more luck.

and if u got too many basses lying around u should get those wall hangers. as long as u got a wall u can have a bass. then instead of lying around they will be hanging around

LMAO! good point hehe :p but you guys are right lah, might just get a new bass. I just realized that I might miss the rosewood on fretted bass anyway :p as they say the more the merrier!! hehehe

if you got too many basses lyring around, how about selling them?

i'm sure many of us here are more than happy to get some basses from you! :)

other than that, yup, Malcom is your man that you want to contact for these things.

Back