Looking for 10-50 electric strings

predz23

I wanted to experiment with having thicker bottom end for chugging and keeping the top end the same. I was using 10-46 for standard tuning and I wanted to go 10-50. But looking at manufacturers websites most of them only had 10-52 except for DR strings they had 10-50. I always thought I could just get Dunlops 10-52 and 11-50 and exchange the bottom ends with each other. Resulting in 10-50 for standard and having 11-52 for half step or full step lower for my other guitar. So I went to Davis and they didnt have the 10-50 strings from DR (d'oh!) and they didnt have the dunlop strings for the bottom end exchange either (double d'oh). So I went home with 10-52 from DR.
So its actually quite awesome, chugging and powerchords sound more powerful and doing pinch harmonics is more fun because the thicker string can withstand the vibrato. BUT its still too thick and it does kinda hurt my fingers, so 10-50 gauge is totally what I'm after.

But how do I get them if Davis doesn't have them in stock? just bad luck and live with it? Or does somebody know where to get them? DR or even a full stock of Dunlop strings?

I use EJ20 on my strat......10-49 with slightly heavier bottoms. The 3rd string is wound...... i change the 2nd and 3rd strings to lower gauge(.013 & 0.17unwound respectively) and its suits me well...

the regular bottoms are like rubber band to me....hehe...

the kind of tone you get from heavier bass strings are just awesome...

I know, the 52's are great but too hard. So nobody knows how I can get my hands on 10-50 strings from DR?

Back