Locrian Jazz

Phlemingo

hey guys! we're a jazz trio, and i think our publicity quite fail la haha. anyway would like to promote the myspace a bit. quality is a tad bad, but at least can hear my pianist and bassist's solo lines. any constructive criticism is appreciated :)

would appreciate too if you fellow aspiring singaporean musicians friended us, and leave a comment if you like :) we're trying to make this work, but we know we're just starting out, and help and comments from more experienced musicians would be great! without further ado: http://www.myspace.com/locrianjazz

I think your music is very listenable. Very competent musicians, very nice. No problems with your music at all. I like the repertoire, the improvisations, the phrasing, etc. Some comments if you will allow me. It would be nice if you had a singer, preferably female to suit the repetoire. For variety, an axe or sax player or even both would be desirable additions, sort of break the dependence on keyboards for melodic content. I do have a beef with your choice of band name though (is the spelling deliberate or.....). With a name like that, it puts or suggests a (higher) level of expectation of the listener. You may want to consider a more creative, original name for the band. Perhaps even a name that does not limit you to a particular genre.

I hope your band does well prfesionally and wish you every success and that the local music scene is richer because of your music.

very noice... i rikes...
but where did u guys have this recorded? sounds a bit weird la to me... like empty.
but music wise, damn steady. kip it up bros!!!

@fifthnote

Thanks for the generous compliments :) we're still learning of course, and all considering pursuing tertiary musical education. About band name, any musician knows that's a big headache >< maybe one day we'll think of one good one, but for now it's a placeholder i suppose. Yes, we actually have other instrumentalist and vocalist friends we jam with, but not in the band officially. Thanks once again for the wellwishing!

@Likui

We don't know many good guitarists... and as it is a chordal instrument, it would often be overlapping with the piano. That said, option isn't completely ruled out.

@wyldeboon and redname

yeah home recording in my music room >< using an mp3 player's mic. haha!

@fifthnote

Thanks for the generous compliments :) we're still learning of course, and all considering pursuing tertiary musical education. About band name, any musician knows that's a big headache >< maybe one day we'll think of one good one, but for now it's a placeholder i suppose. Yes, we actually have other instrumentalist and vocalist friends we jam with, but not in the band officially. Thanks once again for the wellwishing!

@Likui

We don't know many good guitarists... and as it is a chordal instrument, it would often be overlapping with the piano. That said, option isn't completely ruled out.

@wyldeboon and redname

yeah home recording in my music room >< using an mp3 player's mic. haha!

no wonder lah. dnt mind me saying, the music was ok but the recording wasn't. lots of noise from the lights and i guess the drummer was nearer to the mic rite?

no wonder lah. dnt mind me saying, the music was ok but the recording wasn't. lots of noise from the lights and i guess the drummer was nearer to the mic rite?
Lights? Not really, but the hihat very sharp yeah >< Haha. And toms just do that, no matter what. No money see, maybe in the future if we get enough gigs we'll re-record professionally!

Lights? Not really, but the hihat very sharp yeah >< Haha. And toms just do that, no matter what. No money see, maybe in the future if we get enough gigs we'll re-record professionally!

the overall drums are too loud, maybe can muffle it down but as u said its record using mp3 player so can't do anything also, if not can adjust

I like the music! Its easy to the ears! I personally like Wave! Shall add you guys up soon! And I think with a great vocalist, your music sure appeals! Like, Clazziquai makes good music too! :)

Back