Local Band No Duff Debuts With Rocking Single “Exile”

soft

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

A new player in the Singapore music scene, indie rock band No Duff releases their debut single “Exile”. The track deals with the theme of tension in relationships and separation juxtaposed against a high energy tone and rhythm that have become a staple of the band’s live shows. Produced by award winning music producer, Edric Hwang of GRYD, “Exile” will be available on all digital platforms on 24 November 2017. Accompanying the digital release will be a Music Video scheduled for release on 1 December 2017.

No Duff was formed at the beginning of 2016 when frontman and lead singer Matt Yeo, who had been singing in several cover bands, decided to put together a group to write and perform original music. Explains Matt with a laugh, “I think I was a bit cunning because I wrote all these posts on local music forums saying that I was looking for guys to play in an “all-star super group” and that only very talented individuals should apply. I guess my trick worked because I ended up with a very strong lineup!”

The band describes its musical style as modern rock with a taste of the 80’s. Guitarist Linus Ng elaborates, “We’re huge fans of modern rock bands like Muse, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Panic! At the Disco and Greenday but we’re also closeted 80’s rock fans and we love our Guns N’ Roses, Skid Row, Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers so we incorporate elements from quite a number of genres.”

The complex drum lines and melodic guitar runs in “Exile” are characteristic of the band’s sound and the mellow vocals that soar into a high chorus is a perfect showcase of lead singer Matt’s versatile vocal range. “We were quite particular about the feel of the song. The lyrics are melancholic but we wanted the song to feel energetic and upbeat. I think we achieved that.” says Matt.

Digital Release Date 24 November 2017
Produced by Edric Hwang (GRYD)
Mastered By Leonard Fong (MFit Mastering Studio)
Music Video Release Date 1 December 2017

https://www.nodufftheband.com/

Back