line 6 wireless gxx = awesome

shioks76

Just got a g50 recently and thought it sounded really good. Especially so after hearing so many bad things about wireless for guitar. Initial impressions only, haven't had a chance to test on stage yet with wireless mics running around. So ymmv. Thought i'll share as it may benefit some people, anyway lots of comparisons already done on youtube so i though it'll be a waste of time replicating what people have already done.

Some comparisons i found online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdNjHL5M2Zk&feature=related

heres something done by a bunch of tone addicts comparing monster cable with line 6 wireless and then lava 35ft cable
http://guitartonenetwork.com/?q=node/68

Why did i get a wireless?

1)less stage clutter, find myself stepping on my own cables half the time.
2)Can run offstage and check whether the soundman is doing his job properly. Last thing you want to find out is that you were hardly heard in the mix after hours of practice. grrr...

I've been using the Line6 Relay G systems for over a year now. highly recommend them! Had two G30s and then moved on to a G90 after I picked up my Axe Fx.. Now looking for a G50 for my small pedalboard so I can share transmitters. Good stuff!

For a long time user any difference between the 30 and 90 tone wise? Been reading about the pros and cons of each, for the 30 was always about the battery cover and slight tone loss. For the 90 was the tough to replace and expensive transmitter to guitar cable. Im thinking of getting another piece for the acoustic \.

I'm about to order lava cables to replace the crappy ones that came with the original transmitter.. Not cheap though!

At home, yes, the G90 is clearer. There's a teeeeeny weeeeeny bit of muddiness introduced with the G30 to my own ears as compared the the G90. But that 'muddiness' never bothered me anyway. Plus, no one can tell when its in alive context haha.

Yeah i already checked out the price us$55 a piece. I presume the cable for your g90 is still working? Was considering buying 1 or 2 spares. Am also considering the shure WA 304 cable which is less than 1/2 the price of the lava. Its also comes in a right angle 1/4 inch format. Just hoping to find it here locally. Cos ebay is us$20 with a us$20+ shipping charge!! So have you ordered your lava cables already?

Ooh okay, yeah its still working. Yeah I know about the Shures.. Couldn't find them locally though. Luthermusic has the straight versions, im sure they can replace the plug for you though. but the cable there may not be of the best quality.

Not yet.. Hoping to pool together some more cable orders to save on shipping.

Update: I bought the last piece shure straight version from luther music. Had them replace the straight to a gold neutrik angled connector. Result was sound was slightly brighter and a touch louder. Had to do a a/b comparison to tell the difference though. Sorry won't be joining your mass order.

Ooh okay thats good haha. I almost bought it from them, but I need a longer cable! Prefer the wireless pack to be higher up, cos i also have a wireless in ear pack at times.. which i hang lower or in my pants/jeans pocket..

Back