line 6 pod 2.0 or xt or G2.1u

YoShiKeV

hi.. i m think of getting a multi effects pedal..
going through all, i came down to 3 selections..

1) line 6 pod 2.0
2) line 6 pod xt
3) zoom G2.1u

which is more worth to get it..

i've tried the pod xt and the g2.1

for modulation effects and delays and stuff, and a really decent acoustic simulator, i give the g2.1u the thumbs up

for really nice amp models that are great, + a pitch shifter that the next best you can get to a digitech, then go with the pod xt

both are good for recording direct into a line in as both have cabinet simulations

as for tweakability, theyre almost on par, but the pod xt allows you to connect to a computer and make patches or even download patches from the internet

another thing is that the g2.1 is gig ready, put it on the floor and stomp on it, the pod xt you gotta get a separate foot controller, and at that price, might as well get an xt live

juz my opinion :lol:

haha.. i went through the same phase last year..
but at that point of time the pod was wayyyy too expensive..
was considering a zoom or a korg, but the korg plastic housing is a turn off..
anyways, bought the zoom, and never regretted it..
although.. im about to begin my journey to analog :twisted:

I wld recommend the XT Live; its more tweakable than the g2.1u(to me) and it has some really cool stuff in it; u can really churn out different types of sounds on it. Some people says it sounds thin(this is said abt the Pod series in general) but if u use the compressor in the Pod i dun see any problem there. Do keep in mind that the XT Live is in the region of $600-700, so may have some money problems there......but iu wld save up for this one. Got one last yr and never looked back, the amp and cab simulations are excellent.

the XT live is twice as expensive as the Zoom G2.1U so you are really comparing apples with oranges.

IMO the Zoom G2.1U is really great for the price.

Exactly wat i was trying 2 say.....but the XT Live too is worth every cent spent. I daresay its better value-4-money than the G2.1.

Hmm.. Is the distortion / metal effect of the Zoom G2.1 produce good sound in terms of tone? I have been using Zoom GFX 707 and the dist / metal effect sounds thin and I don't really like it.. :(

moggie, for really good metal distortion, get a big high gain tube amp :))

i think the new zoom processor chip in the G series much better than the old GFX series.. one of my church friends got a GFX series also.. sound very digital, makes me want to cry... but the G series much better.

I have an XT Live. Personally, I never use it. It's too confusing... whahahaha...

Honestly speaking, I prefer individual stomp boxes, since I don't need that much stuff, and only use 3 to 4 pedals. But I'd say the XT live is good for what it delivers. I considered it over the Zoom when I was buying. I just don't like that it kills your sustain a bit. I have no clue why.

Hi Triple H Funky dude! Thanks Dude!

Still learning what the G2 is capable of. Though my frens are urging me to go analogue, but the G2 is giving me all that I need and more.

I got ZOOM g2 (the one without the pedal) from City Music sale at $120! It was well worth the money spent. Lots of effects thrown into the box for you to explore and have fun with.

The Extreme distortion found in G2 does fit metal quite fine, though not as good as metal muff. You might want to lower the treble and raise the bass, cos it might be too trebly for your taste.

Back