LF musicians who like playing acoustic music, folk, indie, 90s, world music, etc

fwah23

Looking for folks who are interested in playing an eclectic mix of acoustic music, folk, indie, 90s, world music covers etc for leisure.
The occasional Chinese or other non-English song is fun too. Also a big fan of traditional Americana.
I play guitar and sing, love singing harmonies, geeking out about polyrhythms, etc.

Hopefully you have some intermediate musical experience, play more by ear than by notation, not too high maintenance, don't mind improvising/fusing things and trying out stuff to see how it sounds. I'm no pro, but been playing music for ~20 years casually. mostly I like having songs to practice for to improve, and I like making music with other people.

Kind of like these music youtubers Josh Turner/Reina del Cid vibe is what I'm aiming for with these jams/covers :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

Music I like:
Beatles, Iron and Wine, Nick Drake, Smashing Pumpkins, Joni Mitchell, traditional African tunes, Anna and Elizabeth, Regina Spektor, Ben Folds, etc

Let me know if this seems like it might be a fit!

I'd be interested, I play acoustic fingerstyle mostly and have interest in the kind of music you mentioned. :)

Looking for folks who are interested in playing an eclectic mix of acoustic music, folk, indie, 90s, world music covers etc for leisure.
The occasional Chinese or other non-English song is fun too. Also a big fan of traditional Americana.
I play guitar and sing, love singing harmonies, geeking out about polyrhythms, etc.

Hopefully you have some intermediate musical experience, play more by ear than by notation, not too high maintenance, don't mind improvising/fusing things and trying out stuff to see how it sounds. I'm no pro, but been playing music for ~20 years casually. mostly I like having songs to practice for to improve, and I like making music with other people.

Kind of like these music youtubers Josh Turner/Reina del Cid vibe is what I'm aiming for with these jams/covers :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3B502Ut94

Music I like:
Beatles, Iron and Wine, Nick Drake, Smashing Pumpkins, Joni Mitchell, traditional African tunes, Anna and Elizabeth, Regina Spektor, Ben Folds, etc

Let me know if this seems like it might be a fit!

Sorry but are you looking for vocalist as well?

Back