learning

xmamx

erm hi...just wanna ask dunno if tis is right section, i want to learn how to play guitar or bass, but i dun even have knowledge of playing either instruments...so i wanna ask, if i wanna play bass, would be recommendable that i start with guitar first or can i learn bass str8 away?

erm hi...just wanna ask dunno if tis is right section, i want to learn how to play guitar or bass, but i dun even have knowledge of playing either instruments...so i wanna ask, if i wanna play bass, would be recommendable that i start with guitar first or can i learn bass str8 away?

You can play bass straight but knowing one more instrument is helpful

well do you find u like bass riffs or guitar riffs more? playing bass straight is okay you don't have to learn guitar first..

these 2 instruments are similar but not the same. there are certain aspects which are common to both, but many that are unique. especially the physical aspect.

it's true that guitar experience helps you pick up the bass faster. but the same can be said vice-versa. if you don't have any intention of playing the guitar you could skip it and learn all the basics on the bass. save the extra time and effort required to 'convert'

like a girl and a woman, there are differences and quirks here and there, but ultimately in bed its more or less the same thing 8)

Last edited:
i picked up guitar before moving on to bass.

i think one qn you could ask is what you're more inclined towards... if you are in a situation where you're alone with your instrument and want to write songs, express yourself or hang out at the beach, friend's place etc then go for the guitar.

if you're in an environment with bands around and you want to jam with friends and be part of a group, then you can take either bass or different types of guitar depending on what the band needs and what part of the music you enjoy making.

and dont worry too much about making the decision... if you pick one you can always pick up the other one later on in life :)

Back