Lazius - The semies are over, a big thanks to Drumfesters :)

lazius

Hi Guyz,

thanks for all your emails and calls over the last three four weeks, I am now teaching a couple of students and a third one from the 19th of May.

For my rates please paste this link http://soft.com.sg/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31369

I am very thankful to the Singapore Drumfest judges for giving me the opportunity to prove my self in the Semies...( Honestly I think I was lucky)

Its all happening at Plaza Sing from 15.45 to 17.45pm saturday (open category)...its all gona be fun, am hoping to do a solo with a section inspired by Tan Dun who composed the music for Hero (chinese version) the Banquet, Hidden dragon amongst others.

I'll be playing a drumless track that everyone can find online, I chose something funky to allow some room to play against the beat...and a warm up solo.

Very Honestly it's gona be tough to get in the Finals as I am expecting some great performances from the Singapore drumming community...very tough indeed!!...It's also gona be great fun to meet fellow drummers and exchange ideas and perhaps even take the opportunity to forge some alliances to better the reputation of the music industry in Singapore and Asia.

So bring all your friends and come down to Plaza Sing this Saturday!!!

In the mean time I'll be playing at Boon Studios two minutes walk from Potong Pasir MRT, call 6288 1289 for directions, from 3 to 6pm tomorrow as well as Friday, You're all invited to drop by to hear a sneak peek as well as walk in the room to get a free mini lesson....or even have a jam!

Official website -- http://www.singaporedrumfest.com/

Rgds
Lazius
+65 9223 6439

I wanted to thank Boon Tan for putting up such a great show,

the day was tremendous fun and showcased some amasing acts!

Congrats to Gilbert and Garry for going to the finals, I wish them all the best of luck, and I am certain they will be metaphorically carrying the Singapore flag high :)

Well done, and thanks to all the Drumfest team for their hard effort to ensure we all had a great time!

lazius, i love tan dun man. his compositions crouching tiger were amazing. coupled with yoyo ma's cello. i loved it so much soul in ma's playing i wld love them to collaborate again.
my mum actually saw a tan dun performance in christchurch in new zealand. she said it was pretty damn gd

Hey blurred, good to hear from you

You're absolutly right, hes amazing man...shame there isn't enough videos of his performances on youtube....by the way he is coming june!! make sure to buy a ticket!!

Back