LATITUDE ONE Live at the Prince of Wales Friday 25 August

Outatune

Cover band LATITUDE ONE will be rocking the Prince of Wales this Friday, 25 August from 9pm onwards.

WHAT: Latitude One - Live and Kicking!
WHEN: Friday 25 August from 8pm till late (band starts at 9pm)
WHERE: The Prince of Wales Pub, 101 Dunlop Street, Little India

For details on the Prince of Wales Pub and directions, click here: www.pow.com.sg

This Friday will see the debut performance of Dave the keyboard player on guitar. No, he is not giving up on the 88s, but will strap on the Ovation to back up guitar virtuoso Walter on some Coldplay and Guns N Roses numbers. It should be interesting!

Who are these guys? Check out the band's webbie at www.latitudeoneband.com

So come on down to hear a new twist on some old covers!

Oh yes, still very much playing keys. I'll only be playing guitar on "Yellow" and "Sweet Child of Mine." It adds some nice color to the mix when the Ovation is plugged in, but I don't want to over do it :)

Takes a good six minutes out of a set though.....

POW has done a rearrangement and the stage is by the door now...seems very small! We were in there briefly last night wondering where you'll set up the keys....it's helped a lot by some decorative stacking of beer cartons around the stage....awful. The neck of Walters guitar will be exactly at head height as people walk through the door!

BTW Dave what time do you finish tomorrow night? Maurice n I will be gigging until around 11/1130, is it worth coming down after that?

They have made the stage SMALLER? Man, I didn't think that was possible. Looks like I need to head down there tonite for a pint and a look. Last time we played there the stage was in back. I set up on the floor in front of the door to the toilets, and advised the patrons to walk around the outside to get to the loo. It worked fine... though you REALLY need to watch your stage volume (and control your drummer :)) there as the PA only handles vocals.

We'll be ending early as we are doing two long sets instead of three regular ones. We start at 9:00 and I expect to wrap up by 11:30, so it will be hard for you timing-wise.

Farid - I hear you on Sweet Child. I'm still trying to convince the guys that GnR's "I Used to Love Her But I Had to Kill Her" is a better choice :).

Don't even MENTION the $$$, mate. I'm still trying to pay off my keyboard rig... yet there is a lovely '52 Telecaster I've got my eye on as a birthday present 8) . Must... fight... the... Dark... Side...

Outatune said:
Don't even MENTION the $$$, mate. I'm still trying to pay off my keyboard rig... yet there is a lovely '52 Telecaster I've got my eye on as a birthday present 8) . Must... fight... the... Dark... Side...

LET ME SHOW YOU THE WAYS OF THE DARK SIDE luke.....you can check out my strat collection.... :twisted:

Hey my jazz gig tonite finishes at 9pm ....mite pop by for a beer & scope U guys out

Master Set List – May 2006
500 Miles Proclaimers
8675309 (Jenny) Tommy Tutone
Addicted to Love Robert Palmer
Are You Gonna Be My Girl Jet
Basket Case Green Day
Black Magic Woman Santana
Blister in the Sun Violent Femmes
Born to Run Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Boulevard of Broken Dreams Green Day
Can't Get Enough Bad Company
Clocks Coldplay
Come Togther The Beatles
Creep Radiohead
Don't You Forget About Me Simple Minds
Hard to Handle The Black Crowes
Here Without You 3 Doors Down
Honky Tonk Woman Rolling Stones
How You Remind Me Nickleback
I Don't Wanna Be Gavin Degraw
I'm a Believer The Monkees
In My Place Coldplay
It's My Life Bon Jovi
Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry
Learn to Fly Foo Fighters
Livin on a Prayer Bon Jovi
Losing My Religion REM
Message In A Bottle The Police
Mony Mony/Wipeout Medley Various
Mustang Sally The Commitments
My Sherona The Knack
New Year's Day U2
Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry
Power of Love Huey Lewis
Should I Stay or Should I Go The Clash
Suffragette City David Bowie
Summer of '69 Bryan Adams
Sweet Child O Mine Guns N Roses
The Reason Hoobastank
This Love Maroon 5
What I Like About You The Romantics
Wonderwall Oasis
Working For the Weekend Loverboy
You Really Got Me The Kinks

GREAT SET LIST - CAN I JAM WITH U GUYS?

Be good to see you there FGL...

Alas, we won't be playing EVERYTHING we know, just two longish sets as follows (no spoiler alert needed. Its COVERS :))

SET 1
8675309 (Jenny) Tommy Tutone
I Don't Wanna Be Gavin Degraw
This Love Maroon 5
Yellow Coldplay
Blister in the Sun Violent Femmes
Can't Get Enough Bad Company
I'm a Believer The Monkees
Losing My Religion REM
All These Things That I Have Done The Killers
Mony Mony/Wipeout Medly Various
Summer of '69 Bryan Adams
Born to Run Frankie Goes to Hollywood
SET 2
Power of Love Huey Lewis
Learn to Fly Foo Fighters
What I Like About You The Romantics
Clocks Coldplay
My Sherona The Knack
Sweet Child 'O Mine Guns n Roses
Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry
In My Place Coldplay
Black Magic Woman Santana
Suffragette City David Bowie
New Year's Day U2
Are You Gonna Be My Gir Jet
Livin on a Prayer Bon Jovi

Then the band gets to drink!

Outatune said:
Be good to see you there FGL...

Sweet Child 'O Mine Guns n Roses

Then the band gets to drink!

when u play dat GNR tune - I'm off for a smoke break...

It went well. Thanks to all who came down. Good to see FGL again! The POW is probably the smallest place to play on the planet, but it has a certain character that we all really like. We'll be back there again in late September or early October.

I had a look at their band bookings sheet for September and it looks like it will be a solid month of music at the POW.

Carlos... I saw GSE is slotted in next month. Be good to see you there again! And remember MELT is playing there this Sunday, 27 August.

Outtatune - hey Lat 1's really rockin man... yeah U guys wud be a hit at crossroads with that kinda set list...

Yeah I caught most of yer 2nd set but after a hard day at work followed by a jazz gig I was really, really tired so I left early...BUT not before I saw you taking a break during "My Sharona" to order a beer from behind the keyboards..hahaha yep saw that....

Good stuff mate... will catch you all again soon

The POW is probably the smallest place to play on the planet, but it has a certain character that we all really like

It was a surprise package for us last night too. We really did enjoy it in spite of it's limitations, including the news that the guitar amp blew up on Sat (so I was forced to pull a rabbit (aka Sansamp) out of a hat and plug into the PA).

Initially they closed the front doors, but for us no need, so they opened them again which gave the place a much better vibe and we ended up having quite a decent walk in crowd.

Anyway, we'll be back there again AND Maurice and I will be doing some acoustic duo stuff down there in the coming month so keep an eye out for that....

Back