J-Pop/J-Rock bands wanted for gig on 23rd July

I'm organizing a J-Pop/J-Rock gig on 23rd July (Friday) night.

Details are similar to the last one I organized.

I'm open to a wide spread of styles, mainly just organizing a Japanese themed gig. Avoiding oversaturated metal though, generally metal and/or screaming is fine but with all instruments set to max it'll cause problems at the venue, the acoustics are not built for this. I guess I'm mostly expecting covers, but originals are fine too. Most likely I'll organize the bands by genre (lighter bands earlier, heavier bands later, so people more interested in light pop-rock won't suddenly be hit by screamo, and metalheads won't have to sit through cheerful bubblegum)

Gig has a confirmed date on 23rd July.

Each band will have around a half hour slot.

My idea is to have some regular J Pop / J Rock themed gig, hopefully a monthly thing, I don't see many of these here, it seems to me that other than predominantly Japanese events (e.g. Cosfest), or events like Streetfest, there are very very few places for JPop/JRock to really showcase in public- only mixed-genre events. Also, these events are generally in private studios and ticket-ed, which is quite a turn off for people. If it goes well, I hope I can make this a regular thing for fans of JPop/JRock music, and expose others to Japanese music.

Since this is really a very interest-driven thing, I will not charge any cover fees or registration fees; there won't be any "sell ____ tickets per band" kind of thing. I do encourage you to bring your fans and friends.

You can take this as an opportunity to showcase your band, no worries if you're beginners, but please at least get your act together and sound okay. I want this to be an opportunity for fans of J-Pop and J-Rock music, especially for beginner bands who sound decent but don't have any opportunities to play... but I also don't want to give a bad impression and have people leaving with the impression that "Japanese music really sucks". Bleh, I know this is a delicate issue, but don't be put off by this, so long as your band does practice seriously I'm sure it'll be alright.

There will be several vocal mics, and a decent backline. Please bring along your own guitars, basses and effects; amps and PA support are provided, keyboard is provided, drumset is provided (5 piece Pearl Forum with Meinl Raker hihat, crash, ride, and one other crash). Feel free to bring your own amps, cymbals, snare; if you need double pedal on the drums please bring your own.

There may not be enough time for a full soundcheck before the event starts. If your band can make it very early to do a soundcheck, let me know and I'll try to arrange for it. If not, I'll do my best to balance your sound when you setup for your slot. From past experience, the mics feedback easily, so please do not oversaturate the amps so that the vocals can be heard without getting feedback.

Please post back here, or email me at composer.of.requiems @ gmail. com if you're interested. Include a quick write-up of the band and members, a tentative songlist, and if you can, please send me recordings!

4 confirmed bands found and 4 bands tentative! Look forward to this gig!

Yuki_neo, please do confirm if your band will be playing, I'm running out of slots already.

Back