istanbul agop cymbals

scmirage

Hey guys ,are Istanbul Agop cymbals good or on par with brands like zildjian or sabian :???:

Last edited:
In terms of quality, I would say they're as good or better.

But you do have to note that it's a different kind of sound a lot of the time. It's really significantly different. So even if it's good, you might not like it- it's like if you don't like chicken rice, even the best chicken rice in the world won't be nice for you.

I've got a question that might be a bit off topic.

Lets say I decide to buy a 22" turk ride. which of these turkish cymbal makers, (i.e. bosphorus/instanbul A/M), should i be looking for in the sense of quality?

the general question would be, how different are their styles of cymbal production? any notable differences in the sound of a bosphorus 22" turk ride and a Istanbul Agop 22" turk ride?

sorry total turkish cymbal maker noob.

the general question would be, how different are their styles of cymbal production? any notable differences in the sound of a bosphorus 22" turk ride and a Istanbul Agop 22" turk ride?

sorry total turkish cymbal maker noob.

Allow me to input my 2c worth - I am a BIG fan of hammered cymbals from Turkey, particularly the Bosphorus and Turkish. I own or have owned Bosphorus, Turkish, Istanbul.

I perfer the sounds of Bosphorus Cymbals due to the jazzier music I am experimenting right now. Its jazzier lineup from its Signature, Master, Traditional, New Orleans, etc series has very "smokey jazzy" sounds with heritage from the New Orleans.

That said, I find its cymbals really hand-hammered in true sense (every one of the same make and model sounds really different, even if the weight difference is just 10g) and its cymbals are particulary thin (in profile) as compared to the rest of the hammered ones from Turkey.

So, if you'd prefer that kind of music, those are probably what I would go for.

That is just my 2c worth. Hope it does help a little bit.

haha i realise the tone of these cymbals are like amazing and unique by the way what istanbul agop cymbals you own softwaremaker

I'll say the difference isn't in the method of production nor quality - at their level, you can be assured of a quality product - these guys aren't fly-by-night makers - they are established foundries.

any notable differences in the sound of a bosphorus 22" turk ride and a Istanbul Agop 22" turk ride?

You can find out for yourself at CymbalsOnly - best service & soundfiles on the net, batam and JB. Listen to the files thru a good pair of earphones/headphones or speakers and you're all set.

Yeah, I want to get a Bos or Agop ride someday.

I've owned a Mehmet Dark crash (sold - didn't quite fit in with my other pies), and currently still hanging on to a pair of Agop Sig hats.

One day we should organize a tour to Turkey man... check out the factories and bring back as much bronze as we can :p

You know, I've heard that they reserve most of the better pieces to export overseas, because the market's better there. Just an interesting insight =O but I'm sure if you go to the warehouses/factories you could get really nice stuff, just that it'll be troublesome to carry them back...

Anyone wants to volunteer to organize? =D

Preach it, weckl-x.

i've plans to head to turkey some time after NS, actually.

You can actually get them to make a set of cymbals to your specifications. Specific weight, sizes, hammering, lathing, etc.

A whole damn street of cymbalmakers. Just imagine how much fun you'll have.

Back