is there anything wrong wif my strat?

Acdc

my fender strat(mij) produces a soft sound despite the amp volume being turn to 12oclock position. The volume is equilvalent to my other guitar being plug into the same amp but at 8 oclock position. Y is that so.

your pickup's output might be very low, which may not be a problem at all. don't compare your singlecoil output to a humbucker output of other guitars (i'm assuming your strat has 3 singlecoils). Coz the singlecoils will always have a lower output than fullsized humbuckers (unless you're toking about stacked/mini humbuckers). Also, different within each category (if you have a humbucker), there are different outputs of the pickups. Some vintage pickups (Gibson Classic 57', SD Seth Lovers, Pearly Gates) cannot have the same output as other higher output humbuckers like SD Invader, Dimarzio ToneZone, Air Norton etc etc. Its not a problem, you'd probably need more amp volume to attain the same volume as another guitar. This, again assuming you have a S/S/S combination in your strat.

Btw, I love my Fender 57' Strat, low output vintage pickup!

Oops... also as an add-on, different pickup magnets also affect the output and tone of the pickups. Compare a ceramic pickup to an alnico one, you'd find the ceramic pickup screaming.

i see. so there is nothing wrong with my strat. i always thought that the input jack might be the cause of the problem....I am using the fender bought from luther.. Does anyone who owns the guitar have similar problem? How can i increase the output

you can always try raising the pickup height on your strat to be closer to the strings. experiment with the optimum height for the output you are looking for

Yes, you can always adjust the pickup height slightly to increase the output. However, like said above, it may affect how the strings actually interact. With the strings closer to the pickups, the magnetic effect of the pickup is stronger, thus when you strum/pick the string's sustain may be decreased. you might wana check out the standard pickup height for Fender Strats (visit the fender webby, they have a customer service page).

Back