Intro - IrishGerry

IrishGerry

Howdy people, just wanna intro myself. I'm originally Irish, lived in Australia for 11 years and have been in Singapore two and a half years now, working as the resident muso and entertainment manager at Molly Malone's Irish pub , 56 Circular Road (behind Boat Quay). I'm a solo acoustic guitarist/singer mainly, although I do have people come in and jam with me sometimes, which is always fun. I'm there Monday to Friday from 8.45pm onwards, doing a wide range of covers from people such as U2, Van Morrisson, Crowded House, Oasis, Coldplay, Sting/Police, Dylan, Bob Marley, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, and lots more with the odd traditional Irish ditty thrown in. At last count my repertoire was around 260 songs, and there are probably another few dozen that I've forgotten about, cos I been doin this a long time! (Not being boastful - it says to intro yourself and don't be shy he he). Anyone who wants to is always welcome to jump up for a song or two when I'm on a break. You can use your own guitar or I have a spare. (You can't use my main guitar unless I know you very well - it's a Line 6 Variax acoustic, too expensive and precious lol!!) Most Wednesday nights, rather than playing solo , I host an unplugged jam session around the table which is open to anyone who wants to join in, doesn't always happen, depends who turns up - if nobody then I just plug in and do my regular gig.
Anyway - hope to see some of you down there some night. Any of you who do gigs on Saturdays and Sundays let me know so I can come and listen sometime - I get weekends off thanks to the EPL football he he:)
Oh and by the way I'll be out of town from the 19th April till 4th May, but I have a line up of impressive replacements taking my place, including SOFT's very own christoh and Crawldaddy.Go check 'em out and show 'em ur support!

Hmm.

Respect! Oh and btw, I'll be getting that harmoniser pedal we spoke about this coming Sunday. Tried it before.. kinda tricky but I'm sure would get me the Thin Lizzy effect that I've been hunting for. 8)

Back