intro: cherilyn

Erist

hey, my name is cherilyn. vocalist here.
Had this account for about 3 years but never posted anything, thought I would today.

Currently I have a band, we're doing originals and stuff. Don't know the genre. Probably prog-something. Some stuff sounds like B-Quartet, some sound like Radiohead. The only thing that's really constant is the weird time signatures really, its irritatingly difficult but really fun too haha. Oh. I Really like covering The Pretender too. Its fun.

I poke the guitar and drums sometimes but haha no where near any minimal proficiency level.

Stuff I listen to... hmm this will probably be a ton. My favorite band is the math rock band LITE. Math rock is probably my favorite genre (though i can't play it haha). Stuff like ACIDMAN, FULLARMOR, And So I Watch You From Afar, Antarctica ...

I'm probably too big a fan of instrumentals for a vocalist.

I also like post rock; TOE, 65daysofstatic, maybeshewill.... Prog metal (?); Animals as Leaders, Periphery... Prog; king crimson, omar rodriguez, jojo mayer & nerve
Fusion Jazz; hiromi uehara, jabberloop, soil & pimp sessions...

this list is going to be long. I do listen to pop to keep myself updated haha! Quite a bit of english stuff from all over the place. Rock, Pop, Alternative, Blues, Metal, old, new... Foo Fighters, Beatles, Joe Bonamassa, Muse, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Mr.Big, Radiohead, The Police, The Dear Hunter, The Reign of Kindo, QOTSA, OK GO... i just like whatever sounds good

I like local stuff too, supporter of local music! Theres quite a lot of good stuff! Anechois, IEHAC, ATC, instrumentals mostly.

And japanese stuff. Grew up on anime, really like UVERWorld, ONE OK ROCK, random songs from Luna Sea and so on...

Just thought this would be a good way to meet local musicians and maybe have informal jamming sessions or something, just for fun. And cause i'm really bored out of my wits right now lol.

I probably won't be active (at all) after this post.

But you can reach me at 81805154.

have fun, make good music!

cool alot of the stuff like jojo mayer, the police, maiden, muse and stuff, i love em too! if you're interested in doing an experimental side project, you can contact me via email me chaostftk@gmail.com

peace out Y:p

Last edited:
Back