Intro: charlieboyy!!

charlieboyy

hey guys! my name is Charles Edward Wee, i'm 22 and people know me better as charlieboyy!~~

i've been playing drums for about 8 1/2 years and been with my band since day 1, in late 2005.

just started learning electric guitar and am teaching ukulele.

right now, my band's name is "The Myns" but soon we'll be changing the band's name.

we play hardcore punk rock and thrash metal and are influenced by bands like:
Green Day, Blink 182, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Exploited, The Casualties, Rancid, Bad Religion, The Clash, Nirvana, Suicidal Tendencies, X-Japan, Luna Sea, The Gazette, Hide & Spread Beaver, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Dio, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Blood For Blood, Avenged Sevenfold and many more.

we started out covering green day and blink 182 as most people do but after a few years, we started to love older bands and heavier songs. thus, us playing hardcore punk rock and thrash metal.
we have about 20 originals to this day.

i'm also in another band "FindinGrey"
we play alternative rock. i joined the band in july 2011, learnt to play and love their originals.
cover songs we do are:
Foo Fighters, Kings Of Leon, Stereophonics, Franz Ferdinand, Funeral For A Friend.

in the beginning:
i started playing drums in late nov 2005.
to simplify the era of music that i've listened and was influenced into a time line:

pop til 2003
new age classical - 2003
pop punk, punk rock, gothic rock - late 2005
classic rock, hardcore punk rock - 2006
hip-hop, j-rock/metal, disco - 2007
pop rock, space rock, stadium rock - 2008
metalcore - late 2009
extreme metal, speed metal, hardcore - 2010
new prog, symphonic rock, heavy metal, melodic death metal, nu-metal, power metal, ska, ska punk - 2011
thrash metal, prog metal, drums & bass, funk, swing, reggae - 2012

and my favorite drummers are:
Tre Cool (green day)
Charlie Watts (the rolling stones)
Ginger Baker (cream)
Travis Barker (blink 182)
Yoshiki Hayashi (x-japan)
Marc Eggers (the casualties)
Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan (avenged sevenfold)
George Kollias (nile)
Shannon Lucas (the black dahlia murder)
Derek Roddy (serpert's rise)
Mike Portnoy (dream theater)
Joey Jordison (slipknot)
Dave Lombardo (slayer)
Steward Copeland (the police)
Charlie Benante (anthrax)
Matt Greiner (august burns red)

but all in all, you see that i listen to alot of metal but i listen to all kinds of music, and am open to all sorts of ideas and projects or side projects.

my dream is to mix all the different genre of rock and metal together. some of my friends say it's progressive but i'd like to call it experimental, just like science.

i don't like it when people stereotype us metal listeners. i'm very open to alot of music and have been brought up listening to jazz & classical music (father), classic pop (mother), house, D&B, latin (eldest brother) and surf rock and musicals (older brother.)

so if you softies wanna try out and have fun with a mad guy who wants to play around with music, you can contact me via email at chaostftk@gmail.com
or you could add me up on facebook, just search up my name. (don't search using this email add)

have a nice day peeps and never let real music die!

Welcome to SOFT!

Good to know that you guys have so many originals ready. Keep us updated on your music progress.

Latest posts

Back