If you have a guitar teacher , whats his name?

Re: WHY QUIT ?

synthman said:
satch said:
spencer is good, why u quit

...err, tried learning guitar for fun but found out it's
a different approach, so can only play rhythm guitar!
Only managed to learn PINK FLOYD 'Another Brick in
the Wall'. Quit because no talent for six-strings - can
only play Ebony and Ivory!?

HAHA Spencer Goh... oh well, i learnt fr him 11 years ago when i took lesson in music plaza. He's like a chao ah beng siah, fulla swear words , veri relak, si beh rock attitude siah. And he's a very funny guy. And best thing he treat his students like own frenz, hang out wif them, go drinking wif them etc. He's cool!

chimaera said:
I also used to be self taught now under Randolf Arriolla,.. very good guitarist, n a producer/arranger

he use to b the DJ on 91.3 rite?

so he's teachin' guitar now?

Anyone knows of any gd teachers out there? is beez good? wad abt musicfactory that guy? should i even take lessons?

you are learning from BOTH of them????
WAH
but come to tihnk of it..theres nothing beez has to offer that justin doesnt le.... justin is "killer"

but i feel most importantly is that a good guitar teacher must have a good structure plan when giving lessons... which i feel Beez has... and we have to be patient also...

another note to add is a teacher who has all the skills but doesnt have a proper structure plan will not make a good teacher also... anyways sometimes it's personal preference also...

i used to learn from spencer goh at yamaha for a while, then switch to brandon gan. i guess i learnt more in 1 month than in the 4 months at yamaha lol

ChanMin said:
you are learning from BOTH of them????
WAH
but come to tihnk of it..theres nothing beez has to offer that justin doesnt le.... justin is "killer"

Justin is one of the few guitar teachers around, that can teach and also play, anything from mellow jazz blues to shreddy extreme metal.

I have immense respect for Justin. Alot of the techniques that he probably learnt at Berklee has been very useful for me, especially considering the fact when I started learning from him, I was essentially a noob then.

Back