Any one know how to change to this (link to diagram would be da bomb):

1. neck HB
2. neck split with SC

3. neck HB with bridge HB
4. SC with bridge HB split
5. bridge HB

thanks!

I'm interested in doing this too.

i guess you have to use a mini switch to toggle the middle pickup on and off. i'm not really sure about this.

i'm fairly sure you can't do this with a normal 5 way... gotta get a megaswitch.

i think a good idea would be to add a push pull pot that selects the bridge PU when on.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/support/schematics/3sings1vol2tone1switch_mod.html

this way you would get this:

OFF:
neck
neck split with mid
mid
mid splitwith bridge
bridge

ON:
neck with bridge
neck split with mid with bridge
mid with bridge
mid split with bridge
bridge

i do see your point if you want the wiring your way... to eliminate hum rite?

but if that's the case I would recommend you get one of the various stacked humbuckers around... HS2, HS3, Duncan Hot Stacks etc.

Cheers :)

Hmmm... thor, the Ibanez 5 way switch is a kinda special switch... its different from the normal switches you find ard... it MIGHT be able to handle that wiring.

I would advise LimpPisskit to do some research online first... check out www.jemsite.com . Or just go down to Davis and check with them.

If you intend to use the mini toggle... thor's suggestion is great. :)

is it the same as the RG350 switch?

i've wired for PinkSpid3r on his - basically nothing much but a straight change of PUs. the 5 way is simply 1 row instead of 2 rows.

unless u're referring to the alternate megaswitch type (the JEM), then yeah it'll definitely handle. :)

the tricky part is that he's using the splits at 2 and 4, which evolved from strat players delibrately putting their 3 way selector switch in between. the normal 5 way simply has 2 more indents but is electronically similar, so unless he wants it to be all selected, neck middle and bridge.

which in that case i think a toggle switch will serve him better and more versatile. :D

Yeap, its the same thing (in wiring).

Between the JEM and RGs (or any ibanez guitar with the 5-way HSH wiring) there is a difference but they both do the same wiring.

Back