Howlings of Your Heart (Original)

Very nice! Could you share how you put the EP together? Writing, recording and distributing.

Very nice! Could you share how you put the EP together? Writing, recording and distributing.

Hi Mr. Soft! Thanks for checking out my song! This is actually my first ep production so i'm pretty much learning as i go, and also asking a lot of questions from my musician friends who have released albums before.

I write songs based on personal experience as i find it easier than to come up with something out of thin air. Before the actual recording, i did a rough demo at home with my mic, laptop and an interface for my guitarist and bassist (who played for me in the songs) so they know what direction i'm going for. Drums are all midi'ed because i couldn't afford an actual drummer but that's fine because it worked well in our songs. We recorded the acoustic over the drums first, then bass and finally electric guitars, all of which were recorded in their homes with a similar setup. I recorded vocals in my Bassist's home studio with a makeshift booth, which is basically putting me in the corner of his room surrounded by mattresses lol. It's really cool that we can record all our stuff on our own without having to book a recording studio which can get quite costly.

As for distribution, i had to research this on my own, but i was given a choice between going with CDBaby or Tunecore, both i think are great but decided to go with cdbaby. The reason to sign up with either one of them is they will get your song up on other streaming sites such as iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc by paying a sum that isn't too costly. You can also sign up and pay for them to handle all legalities and royalty rights if you wish to.

I hope this makes sense haha again i'm actually learning as i go and asking questions from the more experienced so i'm just sharing what i've learnt so far. Music production has gotten a lot easier these days and i'm glad i could record my songs because i've always wanted to put out an album of my own for the longest time. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to listened to my song and if you're interested follow my FB for when i release the full EP online. : )

Back