How to find available gigs?

ZiqBassist

Okay, you guys may be wandering why the hell I post this. I dunno where to post this qn.
So my band formed ermm about a year ago I forgot...
We havent performed gigs yet but we would like to do one althought we dont have original songs
We do covers
We concentrate on punk rock,or slow songs (I dunno what genre but songs like So Far Away by A7X)
we also play metal.

My biggest Qn is, how to find gigs? Everytime I found one, there are no slots left :(
Some bands are like a breeze in finding gigs. They dont even have to find one, the gig finds them!

There are many ways to promote yourself, including the Bands Available section on soft. But honestly as a cover band (and not a top 40s cover band) you are not going to find much opportunities. Try applying for those recurring gig series (weekly gigs at pubs, that kinda thing) as you're more likely to get a slot eventually than a one-off event.

Some bands are like a breeze in finding gigs. They dont even have to find one, the gig finds them!
I don't know where you get this idea from...

Hey bro. Maybe you can try Actors Bar at Clarke Quay. I think they will probably let your band perform, you got to check with them. One thing though, don't expect the equipments to be of top notch quality. (Just saying~) Otherwise, it'll take much more effort to get your music tight. Usually if you think from a bar business-perspective, they wouldn't let you play unless you're good and able to play Top 40s.

All the best in your endeavors hehe.

finding gigs simple.

1. record a demo
2. promote yer demo
3. if yer music is good ppl will call u for gig and record the gig
4. upload to utuube to show how badass u can be
5. and wait for gig promoters to call u.

play 1 year, no demo, no recording, no original, etc..etc.. if u wanna be a cover band in pubs than thats a bit hard, u need to have connections and a repertoire of around 200 songs or more. but easier to get gigs for acoustic acts better if got yer own PA System

Back