Hofner Bass Guitar

whitestar

Pardon me for asking, but as I'm getting desperate (only appopriate replies will be enterain)

Was wondering, where can I get/any shops with, a decent price for a Hofner Icon Bass guitar (sunburst colour), in three digit less then $650. Cos, Swee Ling quote me - $1050 (almost any colour), while Davis Guitar quote me - $1300 (only avaliable in black colour). And ironic, is made in China. :lol:

Don't tell me to try ebay or online shopping, is not because I don't trust them, although is cheap, but you see, is made in China, and China workmanship, is not as good as what everyone thinks, there's once a user mention about his tailpiece is off center and have to get it fix (source: Hofner Icon Series B Bass: Harmony Central User Reviews), under first post.

If there's really no shops in Singapore selling Hofner Icon B Bass. I probably gonna try my luck on online shops or something. Moreover I'm getting a left handed bass instead of right handed. And I know getting a left-handed bass/guitar is not easy.

Once again, please pardon me for asking, and moderators, please feel free to move it if is in-appopriate. Thanks and sorry! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

And/or to add on, I don't mind the Hofner HCT5001, contemporary series version of the famous Beatle Bass by Hofner, upgraded from the Icon series.

I don't mind paying more for this version as long price are reasonable. As compared on the Internet! :mrgreen:

Is there any reason why you specifed $650? That's quite low compared to the lowest offering you're getting from shops so far.

Is there any reason why you specifed $650? That's quite low compared to the lowest offering you're getting from shops so far.
Cos, on the net the price offer for a new hand (Hofner Icon B) is USD$350 - USD$450 (Convert to SGD$ roughly below $650). Try ebay or googling. Okay let say I increase another $100. But I still don't wanna order one on the net till now.

$750, I can easily get one with tax paid, shipping/handling fee charged, and still I will still end up with soome spare change. I mean, no offence, is like freaking expensive to get one in Singapore.

no need to hold back, it IS freaking ex to buy guitars in singapore. that's why i for one ordered from overseas (japan). i could have gotten someone to get one for me when he went overseas, but didn't because of certain factors, like the model i wanted to buy.

if you could find someone who is going there to get it for you it would be the best

no need to hold back, it IS freaking ex to buy guitars in singapore. that's why i for one ordered from overseas (japan). i could have gotten someone to get one for me when he went overseas, but didn't because of certain factors, like the model i wanted to buy.

if you could find someone who is going there to get it for you it would be the best
Thanks, but none of my family members is going oversea this year! Oh darn!

Shoot, anyway, is it safe to order online? Please advice. :-D

Swee Ling quote me $1700 for Hofner HCT5001. And is able to get the factory to make a left-handed for me (as they only produce right-handed). Should I get it from Swee Ling?
Someone please kindly advice. Thanks! :D

Yo shinobi! Can I find out from you what you got? And how did it go, considering that you couldn't touch the bass before it gets paid for and sent to you on a plane. All out of curiosity, although I wouldn't rule out doing this next time.

Yo shinobi! Can I find out from you what you got? And how did it go, considering that you couldn't touch the bass before it gets paid for and sent to you on a plane. All out of curiosity, although I wouldn't rule out doing this next time.
i got this AJB-110DMC

i ordered from ishibashi since alot of softies had good experiences in dealing with them. they ship to SG and accept credit card payment (i used debit)

their customer service is excellent. they reply all email enquiries, usually taking less than a week (shortest being once, 2hrs). that was extremely important because everything is done by email, except the sending of credit card info. i corresponded with them on 3 separate occasions until i finally decided to put my order down

once it got shipped out, for me it arrived in about 2 and a half working days

as for the bass itself i searched for reviews and tried alot of japanese fenders. unfortunately that model was not distributed outside japan. in fact, as i mentioned, i much later found someone going to japan and i asked him to visit ochanomizu. he said that model wasn't stocked by the shops, and they were only sold upon order. so that ruled out any chance of testing the bass, and as you would expect there were no reviews either

but like i said i tried alot of j-craft models and i was very pleased. there is a consistently high standard with cij guitars. and i figured, in the worst case scenario, the bass would have alot of resale value

it was a steal. i'm not saying that the level of service of local stores suck (but i'm not saying that it doesn't either) but i don't think it can be compared with japan, for all the lengths that they went to get me what i wanted. and the bottom line is, it is cheaper

but not their import models yo those are just as expensive as here

Swee Ling? never heard of it.

but i've heard of Swee Lee. maybe you can wait for it's sale? that is, if you're willing to wait, cos i'm not sure when it'll be held.
maybe try Ranking. same floor as 'Swee Ling' (sorry couldn't resist!).
and there are plenty of guitar shops at peninsula other than Davis. did you check them all?

my keyboardist bought an ephiphone Hofner violin bass copy - not bad I must say

Sorry for such a late reply, I got mine Hofner 500/1 from Davis for approx. $3.5k.:mrgreen:
Got a CT 500/1 version as main guitar for $1.3k too.:mrgreen:

davis should be a hofner dealer. i dunno if any other shops are also hofner dealers. they may sell hofners but are not necessarily a hofner dealer.

if you are serious about getting a hofner you can ask davis to bring one in. a deposit will get things moving.

if you are merely going for the hofner shape then you can go for the epiphone viola bass. that should also be cheap. and then you will have to go so swee lee. at swee lee, even a deposit might not make things happen. because they are a big badass guitar shop. word.

at swee lee, even a deposit might not make things happen. because they are a big badass guitar shop. word.

last time i asked about the possibility of them bringing 2008 version o fhte ibanez SRs since the SRs were newly updated in a lot of areas for 2008.

they said flat out NO.

until they sell out all their current old ibanez stocks, no news ones will be brougt in.

who's to argue? they are the monopoly on ibanez.

Back