hi from 'pianomankris' - all the way from the UK :)

pianomankris

Hi guys

I'm Kris, from the UK ;) I'm thinking of moving to Singapore soon - hence signing up to this forum :)

I'm a pro musician - i play piano and write piano music, and also run my own teaching business, teaching piano and guitar (all styles, from Bach to Vai).

I visited your country last year - it is a great place!! And seems to have a very good attitude towards music in general. And cheap beer!!! brilliant!

If anyone could give me any info about the scene over there, that would be great. I could also pass on any info about music/life here in the UK and Europe.

So i'm thinking of coming to Singapore and starting up a teaching business, or spend my first year there working as a teacher in one of the music schools, then see what happens. But god, there are soooo many music schools out there!!

I have noticed that there are many music schools in shopping malls over there - this is completely alien in the UK!! But it is a good idea, maybe one we should adopt over here. All our music schools are in stuffy old buildings that no-one ever walks by!

I'll probably be in Singapore soon, so it would also be good to meet up with some musicians out there, whether it be pro musicians, or just those into the music scene in general :)

Thanks guys and gals

Kris

PS sometimes i can be very busy, so if i don't reply for a while, don't worry - i'll write back to all messages as and when i can. But i'm 8 hours behind you also, so it may not be until the following day ;)

WELCOME TO SOFT!haha i hardly see foreigners in soft. anyway see you in singapore soon! :D dont forget to treat us all at soft to beer too..

have a nice day..

Welcome to the Singapore jungle, we got what U need. If u pay in GBP, we can make it bleed.:mrgreen:

maybe i shouldn't have made that beer offer - the thought of ordering 7000 beers isn't quite as much fun when the bill is handed to you.... ;)

Then again, i'm a fast runner :)

Last edited:
welcome to soft.

dont worry you are not the furthest member outside Singapore.we got martians here too.hehehe

Back