Hey all you Alesana and Lostprophets fans out there

Mirrorboy

Alesana's 3rd album 'The Emptiness' and Lostprophets' 4th album 'The Betrayed' are out!

I would say Alesana's 3rd album is kickass... while Lostprophets' was disappointing.

Waited 3 years since 2007 for their new album and this is the kind of crap I get :(

Waited 3 years since 2007 for their new album and this is the kind of crap I get :(

Many bands change their sound after awhile and i think as listeners, we should respect their choice and compositions. Yes it may be disappointing but you can't expect them to please everyone, can you?.

Many bands change their sound after awhile and i think as listeners, we should respect their choice and compositions. Yes it may be disappointing but you can't expect them to please everyone, can you?.

Lol no la. I'm not the only one who thinks the new album is shitty.
Also, they had 3 years to do up a good one.. yea I do agree maybe the problem is with me because I expect too much but it wasn't even sounding like their previous albums given this quote from Ian and Jamie:

In a latter interview with Kerrang in early 2009, Watkins stated that the record was "the most honest album" the band has ever done, and that overall the record was "a lot grittier and sleazier", while also stating that did not mean "it won't be catchy", but that it would not be done "in such a twee way". When speaking about what the record would sound like, Jamie Oliver stated that he felt it had "the bite that Start Something had, with the song-ability of Liberation Transmission but personality of Thefakesoundofprogress."

Really??? I think losprophet's 4th album is a better effort than Liberation Transmission.

Their sound has changed a lot from The Fake Sound of Progress but my musical taste is varied so it kinda falls into a different category from their earlier work.

Back