Help needed for a beginner bassist :/ what bass to buy?

StarrySnow

I went around guitar shops hoping to find a cheap bass, below $400 but good quality, the only one I found was the Squier California Series P-Bass Special for $350 however, may I know if anyone has experience with this bass guitar?

I mainly play pop so I guess I like the warm tone? Idk, not very sure. Though I think I prefer P Basses.

Is it possible to plug into a guitar amp(VOX VT-15) for a bass guitar though? Not gigging or anything however.

You could use a guitar amp, but it is not advisable to do that long term. The Squier bass you found should be ok for starters. Cant say much cos i've not used it before. What's important is YOU have to be comfortable playing it. Some of the basses advertised on this site also look like good deals. Don't worry too much about brands.
Happy playing!

oh, thanks for the heads up! I'm kinda poor so.... I guess I'll stick with a guitar amp for a while...? :X Do you have any recommendations for beginner basses? thanks for the reply!

There are a couple of Craftsman basses advertised for sale right now. They could be good value for money. You could at least enquire. Remember that things like minor electronic problems (static noise, soft buzzing, etc), string action, slightly bent neck, etc can be repaired at reasonable price. Look out though for warped basses.

advertised.... where? on the buy/sell thread or the site itself? Kinda new to this soft thing >_>

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for telling! :D

squier is pretty decent for a starter bass, i have 1 as my 1st bass.

u can look for yamahas too, been loing them recently aft i acquired 2 gd ones

Back