HELP ME!!! How to make distant guitar sound effects by using pedals??

daslasher375

How do you get those distant distortion guitar effects by pedals like those in Scorpions - Still Loving You or Bryan Adams - Heaven

I know some tips as Ive been using the noobish guitar FX Box 2.6 on PC and i use Equalizer(just to remove internet disturbance), Chorus, Echo/Delay, Highly Gained and Saturated Distortion, compressor (for sustain), and computer reverb.

So I know Echo or Delay pedals can do almost 60% of the job and chorus gives a wetter, more distant effect... But I want to know the BEST BEST BEST pedals configuration suggestion. Ive got an upcoming performance and i want to buy some really affordable pedals to get that sound, you can post ur Buy/Sell links (ONLY) here but I need Help. PLEASE

If you want a really mellow sort of distant distortion effect, use an overdrive/distortion, and throw in a delay+chorus. You should be able to get quite close.

If you're looking for super wet, try setting your delay for 2 or 3 repetitions (long delays. Too many reps will make the sound very messy) and keep the delay volume down. Throw in a slight bit of chorus too. And note that too much sustain (in my opinion) will mess up your sound too. Of course, if you want, you could even throw in a reverb (though I usually find that a delay/echo is enough). Do note that most artistes throw in an overall reverb into their recordings too.

Btw, what effects/pedals are you using? I'd say echo/delay pedals can do up to 80% or even 90% of the job.

Back