Hello fellow musicians!! I'm a few-year-experience electric guitarist!!!

pyrokineticist

Hello all. I have recently decided to go head on into my musical journey and I really need to be in a community that talks about music so here I am. :) Feel free to approach me on any questions about electric guitar because I believe my 3 years worth of research can at least help others in their needs. I play a Gibson Studio 50's Tribute, a Squier strat and a Maestro Protege acoustic. I use analog pedals on a PT2 classic and loves Boss pedals alot. :) I am currently bandless as I am waiting for the auditions to enter my church band. I self-learned everything from scratch 3 years ago. And till now, my parents are still against me playing the electric as they prefer the quieter nature of an acoustic. So you can imagine the amount of pressure I face when practising at home. Still, here I am today, loving guitar more and more as the days pass by. I have a basic foundation in music theory as I learnt and memorised stuff from fretjam.com . These crazy scales and harmonics just astounds me. I do record myself playing a few riffs and you can see them via the link below. Sometimes, if I lay my hands on a bass guitar or a piano, I will take every chance to learn how to play them. Haven't got a bass or piano(keyboard) yet because my house already running out of space (yes pressure from parents too). The only instrument that I show less interest in is the drums. Idk, my hands and legs just can't coordinate in a fixed tempo. Otherwise, I am really in love with music. Like really. I'm 18 now and currently enrolled in a local polytechnic as year 2 student. I kid you not, every day could be my last day here and the next day I would be out on the streets performing. But of course, my parents again. One day, I could only dream of playing live in front of millions. That just remains a dream hahaha. Ok enough of myself. I will try to be active in a particular part of this forum, the rookie guitar part. Idk man, it just feels great to help out new guitarist and help them find joy in music. I myself started out just a mere 3 years ago and is still having trouble finding the answers I need (hence this place). So ya la, peace out!

I think if you use headphones to practice, the electric is so much quieter than an acoustic, and you can alleviate your parents' anxiety over this issue.

Back