headphones for monitoring

xtravel

HI guys , can recommend which headphone is decent or good , always plays the guitar at night, might not want to plug it to the amp .

hmm..
For monitoring headphones, i'd recommend audio technica M50.
Imo, they're pretty awesome, in terms of clarity and frequency response.
I used to own these cans. Loved them.

My Phillips SBC HL145 is pretty good too. Very clear and superb bass response. Really like them... Just that they're bulky, being headband headphones. I bought them at Courts during a sale, for $12.90. Really nice price.

I'm not familiar with the term 'monitoring headphones' other than the fact that sound engineers use them, but I'm not a sound engineer, so yeah... If you're looking for a pair of good headphones, however, then I'd recommend this.

Last edited:
er,how you going to plug your guitar into your headphones?
plugging straight in wont produce any sound
anyway,what is your budget for cans?
theres the average type(audio technica) and higher end(grado and sennheiser),which is very expensive

Last edited:
There are a few ways...

Get a multi-effects processor for your tones, plug your guitar into it and plug in the headphones.

OR

Plug your guitar into your amp as per usual, but plug your headphones into the amp, which results in the speaker being turned off and sound coming through the headphones instead.

Either of these ways, any headphones or earphones will do as long as it is the standard 3.5mm jack.

Back