Harmonica

i have a suzuki chromatic.

can play a few beatles tunes, like Love Me Do, Please Please Me, I Should Have Known Better, and Thank You Girl, but other than that....err...i suck.

i used to use the tuner that was with my gfx-8, but after selling it, i tune it by ear using a eadgbe.wav file downloaded from the net.

Revolutions said:
i have a suzuki chromatic.

can play a few beatles tunes, like Love Me Do, Please Please Me, I Should Have Known Better, and Thank You Girl, but other than that....err...i suck.

So lucky! U know how to play beatle tunes , i can play merrily down the stream , the harmonica intro for helpless by neil young and bungawan solo....(sp)

not perfect though...i still think it sounds a little off-tune....but the basics are there lah....

as i said, other than that NO man....and i'm not as pro as John Lennon who could play both harmonica and guitar at the same time in I'm A Loser...he even switches between harmonica and vocals.....!

i have always wanted to get that, what d you call, harmonica handsfree set?.. haha.. asked around but it was alittle expensive for what it actually is.. anybody seen any affordable ones?..

If you're talking about the harp holder, you can get it at Ranking Sports at Bras Basah Complex. Cost about $12, I think. I bought mine there about 2 years ago.

I have some Suzuki harps in various keys: A, G, C, D, E and F. Can't play them very well though. The closet that I can get to a song is the intro for Heart of Gold by Neil Young. The rest of time I just suck and blow with the song while playing the guitar ala Bob Dylan. Hence all the harps in the different keys. Not easy to sing with that harp infront of your face. In fact you have to adjust the holder so that it can allow you some singing space in front of your mouth.

8)

yeah ranking sports.. they actually sell quite afew things.. though most of the time, there ain't much stock in the shop..

i know they sell Laney..

Recently the shop had a re-vamp with bigger space and better selection of guitars and amps. Half the shop is dedicated to guitars, amps and accessories.

BTW, my harps are not Suzuki. They are of the Sakura brand. Other brands that I have are Hohner Marine Band, Tombo and Johnson.

8)

Back