Guitar set up worth??

Faizalhacker

I really love my guitar ever since i bought it last year and I really want to modify it slowly ....

Now i heard there is guitar set up and i am keen to try it..

I really want the low action at 10 46 and maybe a good pickup height..

and the question is(FAQ):How much does it cost and who will do it for me??

And also issit worth??

My dream is to make my low end guitar sings and makes me comfortable of playing it.

PS: i know im not in the wrong section..I hope to hear replies..

setup

bro...try standard value at marsiling..ask mike to setup...hes gd with it...range ard $40...i got my lp set with 10-50 gauge...

If it's truss rod and bridge action, and you want it cheap, you can do it on your own.

All you need is the right sized Allen wrench and YOUTUBE'S SEARCH FUNCTION.

just do it yourself...

theres only SO- many things that you can do with adjusting the guitar...

if you want excellent playability, beez is your man.

price wise, lets just say a good setup will inspire you to play your guit more. so it justifies the costs.

Sorry to hijack, but I'm also interested in guitar set up. Kinda screwed up my pickup height and all that stuff.

What would I get if I ask for a full setup?
And where can I find this great Beez I hear everywhere? :p I live near town so I was hoping for a nearer place to head to.

Near town then the best is penin.. Can set up with Kaycee or Kelvin..
Beez is located at Marine Parade, in a place called Roxy Square opposite Parkway Parade.. :mrgreen:

OK now my question is,can cheap guitars sound and play/feel good with GOOD setup??

my guitar is just ESP ltd m-50....agathis body...

pls guys help me ....i nearly gave up ....most common problems is
*Thick E string ALWAYS buzz
*All the strings when played at high fret dead note
*Low action like impossible...always buzz..

ANd i hope u can recommend me what gauge to use....as long as no buzz and can have low action i like oredi....Thx..

A good guitar is a good guitar no matter what price range it belongs to. LTDs, even the 50 series, are generally well-recommended guitars. I think your problem is just with your guitar, and the problems you've stated, a good setup can easily rectify it.

Take your guitar for a complete setup. I suspect your guitar neck is warped, nothing a good adjustment cannot handle, but I recommend you go for a full setup. Mike @ Standard Value does an excellent job, you can send him an email for quotation and advice.

www.standardvalue.com.sg

Just do a quick check and make sure you tune it correctly at 440Hz, check the setting on your tuner. If you down tune, easy to buzz, too much slack.

1) Neck relief - press first and last fret, is there a gap of about 1/4-1/2mm at the 8th fret? If no, need to adjust trussrod.

2) Action - check whether you have gap of about 2-3mm at the 17th fret. if not, adjust saddle.

did u check if the buzz only occurs when playing without amp (+ low action), cause usually, low action has buzzing without an amp but dun buzz with an amp.

Just do a quick check and make sure you tune it correctly at 440Hz, check the setting on your tuner. If you down tune, easy to buzz, too much slack.

1) Neck relief - press first and last fret, is there a gap of about 1/4-1/2mm at the 8th fret? If no, need to adjust trussrod.

2) Action - check whether you have gap of about 2-3mm at the 17th fret. if not, adjust saddle.

are these for 22 fret or 24 fret guitars? or both also shud be the same? :confused:

did u check if the buzz only occurs when playing without amp (+ low action), cause usually, low action has buzzing without an amp but dun buzz with an amp.

o_O i tot it would be worse with an amp? well nvr tried it. would the buzzing still be there if the amp was set to overdrive instead?

another 'worth it' question.

Hi guys, is it worth sending your guitar to set it up if you dont know whats wrong with it? because i saw on wikipedia, even if its new it is adviced that you set up your guitar. but i dont really know much about setting up, just a beginner to this whole thing. been watching some videos on youtube and it has something to do with intonation?

and if i decide to set it up, do i just go to the guitar shop and say ' hi, i want to set up my guitar'? lol.

Back