Guitar problem...

killerclover

Ok i have a guitar not sure bout the brand though..... I think it's a Rocket Special(Samick Starter kit Guitar) anyway when i use it during jam session's theres always this "Dirty sound" coming out of my guitar.... I've chnaged the pickup and the input outlet and i have added a noise gate to my effect pedal(ZOOM 707II).... But there's always this screech or dirty sound when i move about with my guitar on......

Is it my cable of do i need a new axe???????

Does it make this noise when you are playing clean? Or with distortion? If distortion, you can expect to hear a bit of 'dirty noise'.

If there is screeching, well you seem to be describing feedback. This will change depending on your orientation towards the amp and your proximity.

What kind of amp are you using? What settings do you use?

What kind of pickups does the guitar have? I'm suspecting that if you don't even know the brand of the guitar, then you might not know this... :) Typically though, a starter kit guitar is going to be the cheapest components possible and the cheapest labour used to knock together the cheapest and nastiest circuit inside the axe. This is bound to be a factor at the very low end of the market.

Crackling noises can be caused by poor contact between the cable tip and the socket on the guitar when you move around. You might try using WD40 to improve this by spraying a little on the jack.

As you can see, there are lots of things that could cause noise and you need to be more specific.

for all your know.. if could be the single coil 60cycle hum... haha.. which IMO is DESIRED. I love the single coil natural hum, never change mine for noiseless ones.. :D

vernplum said:
Does it make this noise when you are playing clean? Or with distortion? If distortion, you can expect to hear a bit of 'dirty noise'.

Usually when i play with distortion or other effects like chorus and phaser the sound will come...... and the amp i use in jamming studio is a roland amp........

Yeah - that will happen. Particularly with the distortion pedal. Try to back down the 'drive' knob a little bit.

Back